FiveM randomly crashing causing entire PC to bug out

GTA V version? -1.0.1868.0
Up to date? - Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? -Legitimate Copy
Steam/CD/Social Club? -Rockstar Launcher
Windows version? -Windows 10 - 1909
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? -Yes no luck at all
Error screenshot (if any) -The latest instance of this error occurring resulted in my screen looking like so until I restarted my pc (I assume a relog would help but I had browser crashes etc…)

System specifications My PC Specs
What did you do to get this issue? - I simply play and it will occur when I am running browser windows in the background (i.e. listening to music etc… or using the StreamElements GroundControl app.
What server did you get this issue on?
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

I regularly experience crashes with fivem (usually when running the browser in the background) that cause my browser windows to go black, and also kills the NDI tools scan converter application when this occurs, as well as a few other programs which use the browser. The pc also tends to lock up or do weird things when this occurs, and the specs are more than enough so I do not understand why this is occurring. I do not know how to fix it, but here is a log with information from the windows event log that might have some more info. I also added the fivem crash files and the logs from around the time of the crashes.

I initially thought this was just due to OBS, but I switched to a dual PC stream (I use the NDI Tools “Scan Converter” to send the screen of the gaming pc to the streaming pc, and it seems when running FiveM, this program also crashes as shown in the windows event logs (.evtx files)), to avoid using OBS on the same PC I am playing on while streaming, and yet I still am experiencing this issue, so I am not sure what could be causing it at this point. It potentially could be NDI tools but I somehow highly doubt that. However I am pretty certain that there is some kind of conflict going on, just not sure what.

Someone please help, I am out of ideas, and I must get FiveM to stop crashing as I am starting development on my own server, so having it crash just isn’t an option anymore

Below is a zip file with all the logs in it
fivemcrashinfo_success.zip (1.1 MB)

EDIT (2/11/20): Forgot to post this but I ended up just reinstalling windows and that seemed to fix it

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.