FiveM on SSD and GTAV on HHD

THIS ISN’T A HELP REQUEST ETC JUST GOT A GENERAL QUESTION THAT MIGHT HELP ME AND OTHERS

Hey there! I have a quick question about FiveM and it’s speeds etc. My biggest bottlenecking issue when on FiveM is my disk going to 100% which causes me stuttering.

I have a slowish SSD (primary with Windows etc) and a generic hard drive as my second drive. I have FiveM on the SSD and GTA downloaded on my HDD.

I want to know if it would be faster if I moved FiveM to my HardDrive with GTA or move GTA onto my SSD? Would this see a visible increase in performance?

Thank you

Even slow SSDs are usually going to be faster than hard drives. For best performance it is better to have them both on an SSD if possible.

I usually would only store singleplayer games on a HDD since speeds on those type of games matter less.

I appreciate it! I will try and make some space on him SSD

FiveM uses GTAs files. So even if you have FiveM on your SSD, it still needs to load all the data (world, vehicles etc) from your HDD with GTA on it.
FiveM itself is pretty small. Less than 1GB on my SSD (not counting the cache that can be much higher depending on the servers you play on!).

So if you can manage to fit GTA on your SSD you can probably squeeze FiveM on there as well :smiley: