FiveM not working at all

GTA V version? idk how to find it, but I just reinstalled the game, so latest I guess.
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? STEAM, tried my brothers rockstar as well, both not working.
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? File doesnt exist
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? FiveM worked as usual, but one day, it stopped working. I uninstalled it, but was a mistake, now it wont install at all.
What server did you get this issue on? No server.
CitizenFX.log file Doesnt exist.
.dmp files/report IDs Have none afaik.

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder Doesnt exist
FiveM client folder screenshot Doesnt exist.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
Ive tried reinstalling GTA, reinstalling several fivem installers. Also tried moving the installer to another folder (at desktop).

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

So what error do you get? or does it just not open?

No error at all, the installer starts, creates a empty folder (FiveM.app) and stops.

Sure you have no antivirus killing FiveM?

I’m sure, windows defender is completly off, and tried uninstalling my other antivirus.

Have you tried running it as Admin?

Yes. //2short

If you have another HDD in your PC, try installing it to that HDD.

I already tried that, same result. Forgot to add it to the tried list already, sorry.

bump (not sure if its allowed, but I really wanna play the game :/)

Hard to say with less info, only thing my mind could come up with is any antivirus :confused:

Actually fixed itself (?), must have been my antivirus driver that blocked it, as it didnt fix itself by uninstalling, nor disabling, but once I restarted with it uninstalled and driver was gone, it worked.

So if anyone is having the same problem and uses NODE32 (ESET):

1. Uninstall it, disabling it wont help.
  2. Restart PC.
  3. Install the installer freshly.

Thank you guys for assisting me with the help, huge thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.