Up to date?
yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
10 Pro 1803
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
multiple times
Error screenshot (if any)
no error
System specifications
d you do to get this issue?**
Had to uninstall everything on my hard drive due to previous corruption (hardboot during a disk scan)
What server did you get this issue on?
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (1.9 KB)

href="/uploads/default/original/3X/1/4/14bcbf1702af34151ff1a1872cecd40c27280c99.7">CitizenFX.log.7 (142 Bytes)

.dmp files/report IDs
cannot find them
If an issue with starting:
FiveM Directory + Path

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

GTA V Folder

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, multiple times

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, same issue. I have tried running as Administrator, deleting the cache, disabled all antivirus, still same issues.

Edit: I’m not using any visual packs for FiveM either, I’ve got a fresh install of FIveM and GTA V.

same issue as me
does it show as runing in steam for a few seconds then it closes?

yep. sure does, and it shows up in background processes in the task manager for like two seconds and then BOOP, not there anymore…

I was also told by someone that its because of the latest windows update, and or because im missing some sort of citizen file in my gta v root directory?
Is any of this true?

if that was the case just verify your game files and see if it works.

Yeah Ive verified my files multiples tiems :confused:

I know this may be a weird question, but do you happen to be in NC???

no im in WA USA i dont think its related to firewall type restrictions if thats what you are thinking the program would still load i would think someone correct me if im wrong

I’ve got another mate experiencing the same problem…
Have you updated windows recently?

this for me started with the small update that happened to fivem on 6/14 my windows wasnt updated at the time because i am on a metered connection so it doesnt auto update… someone suggested that i full update windows so i did still no fix … i did a complete wipe of windows and a fresh install which automatically put me to the newest version of windows so i dont know if that has anything to do with it

it could be a problem with vesion 1803 but i dont think that is the case because i was still on 1709 when it started

no idea i have no issues with FiveM and 1803, did either of you supply dump files for the elements to look at?

not speaking for nater… but for me the game doesnt crash so there are no dump files it just closes poof gone

1 Like

hopefully an @element can shed some light on this problem as i myself have never seen this before.

just double checked dump folder is empty all of the log files end in

[ 1375] CitizenFX Steam child starting - command line: “C:\Users\Drag0n\AppData\Local\Fivem\FiveM.app\cache\subprocess\FiveM_SteamChild.exe” -steamchild:9536
[ 1375] game parent PID: 9536
[ 1375] waiting for process to exit…
[ 1391] process exited with 190976992! <----- this number is different always

1 Like

Ok now wait… I reinstalled Fivem into my “documents” folder and then when I launched it I got these crashes:

23a353a0-76a3-4f8d-ae49-e51a5c3ffcd8.dmp (233.8 KB)

and then I deleted cache.xml and subprocess in the cache folder and I was back at not seing any error at all…

If it helps my hard drive was recently corrupted and everything on it was uninstalled but all the files were kept. So I had to reinstall all the major programs but like their shortcuts were still on my desktop…

also my permissions are all mesed up… I have to give myself access to a lot of directories, and I have to most permission for most directories to be used by anything/anyone else.

Pleaaaase tell me theres some sort of hope for us…

have had this issue for 16 days now no fix