FiveM lagging af

**GTA V version? New and Juicy

**Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
**Steam/CD/Social Club?
**Windows version? 7 pro
**Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yeah and reinstalling too
**Error screenshot (if any) I dunno how to screen shot lagging but seen this wierd thing in menu screenshot1
**System specifications more than good
**What did you do to get this issue? dunno
**What server did you get this issue on? it starts with lagging mouse when I start fiveM
I dunno why but my FiveM is lagging in the menu then loading too long and after logging onto any server it takes a long time to load textures and even after that it’s lagging. Yesterday everything was okay. I tried nearly everything. Also, my system is doing good nothing impropriety so dunno why and how it started. If anyone knows anything that could help will appreciate Thanks so much.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Have you done any troubleshooting? How much ramrod you have 8gb may not be enough depending on the servers you play on. Also do you have good latency and bandwidth? Where is the server you’re connecting to? Maybe the server is too far away from you and you should find one closer. IDK though just some thoughts

After today’s update of fivem (at noon) my client is using 100% of my cpu everywhere(main menu or any server i join)
My cpu is intel I5 7600
my ram is 16 GB and my GPU is Nvidia 1660 6GB
This thing started about 2-3 hours ago ,in the morning i played like always with 55 to 60% cpu usage.

1 Like

My 100% standard server clients are just like you

[image]

um. wow. That’s an interesting bug…maybe. What settings are you-laying the game at? GTAV is a cpu intensive game so higher settings in some areas could lead to more cpu usage. That seems extreme but maybe this isn’t a core and thread eating bug

drive the car to the ground, not understanding what fivem is trying to do when it gets worse

[image]

I can’t see that picture. There doesn’t seem to be a file attached

i am talking about opening fivem and even stay on menu BEFORE i enter any server
and i am getting 100% cpu and that cause graphic loss and lag when i join any server.

https://i.imgur.com/Q9O6Yt9.jpg

I woke up with the same problem, FiveM is using 100% of my CPU’s resources for some reason. It doesnt matter if im in the menu, loading screen, full server with scripts or empty server with no scripts. It still takes 100% load and doesnt even dip down to 99%.
Im currently researching where it went wrong. I’ll update later.

what’s your RAM usage while on a server(one with some scripts)? I recently had a problem with lag but I have a risen processor which likely has more cores & threads hence I didn’t get such severe problems on most server. When I upgraded my ram the lag stopped and I don’t los textures anymore. The problem could be that your processor which doesn’t do well under multitasking loads can’t handle stress that could be handled by some more ram.

Cpu has been fixed (or should be)
but windows 7 has problems with the mp version, if you play sp version it is fine.

What’s the source for this? Could we get a link maybe?

understanding 100

Having same problem.

When you start FiveM, it does take longer time to load with the black screen, then you arrive at the main menu, and it is between 7 and 12 FPS. Joining a server will take time too as the FPS are low, and as soon as you are in game, you only have 2 FPS.

I don’t see much issues with the CPU cores, following them on my keyboard screen.

Windows 7 Ultimate on my side. Gonna wait for more replies, but might be something with 7.
That actually surprised me that there was “Fixed windows 7” in updates, when they said they are not supporting it anymore.

EDIT: this is what it looks like on the startup of FiveM and in the menu: https://youtu.be/u6eHUs4chFo

thanks for your reply. I have 16GB of ram so thats enough i think.

yeah thats what i have too but dont think its because of cpu problem seems like fivem developers dont want us to play on win 7 : ( maybe they will fix it but its very strange that guys using win 10 dont have same problems

Yeh its probably something with servers going on

Issue should be resolved now. Apparently IDXGIOutput::WaitForVBlank will block all other DirectX usage in a process on Windows Vista/7, this wasn’t part of documentation and since we don’t have any system that can run Windows 7 these issues do not get hit beforehand in any testing.

Again, it’s recommended to update to Windows 8.1/10, using an out-of-support OS will only lead to issues!

2 Likes

ya’ll should upgrade! Hopefully their update clears up issues but Windows 10 (formerly 8.1) would save you guys the future headaches