FiveM High RAM usage. How to solve?

FiveM uses many GB of RAM,i see my RAM usage at 80-85% very often,and my game keep freezing and freezing many times.
I’ve already tried to close every service and application and lowering the graphic to minimum,but stills impossible to play with 8 GB of RAM.
That’s something that i could try to lower the RAM usage?
Normal GTA V runs perfectly.

GTA V version? Latest one
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Windows version? Windows 7
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475737009282088962/486197981368942602/unknown.png
System specifications RAM 8 GB,GTX 660,Intel core I7.

7 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

4 Likes

Are you running it on windows 8? Or windows 10? I have almost the same problem, but in my case my fps are very low after 15 minutes that i play. Settings in this cases doesn’t matter. You can have all on high or normal, it’s the same. 80-85% is normally for 8gb ram (like me, i also have 80-85% ram using during fivem). Just upgrade your RAM or listen for someone’s answer.

3 Likes

@xMegaz please read the actual topic first :wink:

@SoapLittner if you enable the resource monitor (in F8 console, type resmon 1, then hold left CTRL + left ALT and use your mouse to expand the window that appears), do you see any resources on there that show increasing memory?

6 Likes

6 Likes

you did not follow the instructions correctly, read what he asked you to do again.

3 Likes

Sorry,you’re right.
Here’s the screenshots that you’ve asked for:

4 Likes

I want to add the fact that the game starts freezing and then crashing while driving a car at low,medium and high speeds.

6 Likes

It’s probably because of all your resources, a shit ton of them are loaded almost all with more than average ram usage.

5 Likes

Thank you for the fast reply.
That’s something that i can do to solve this?
At the moment i can’t add more RAM into my PC.

2 Likes

If it’s your server, then removing resources will probably improve performance slightly. If it’s not your server, then try to find a server with less resources, like most pinned servers (which should have at least somewhat decent performance on any system).

2 Likes

you can minimize the RAM usage turning off programs that you dont need, or replacing them with programs that use less RAM, try replace Discord with TS3 if possible, Discord is usage much more RAM then Discord due to many factors, different script language and etc,

im not sure if you can check that in Windows 7/8(8.1) but if it possible try to play on Window Mode and open task manager and see how your drive is loaded, in my case whenever i got FPS drop and stuttering my Hard Drive have Spike to 100% causing to freeze and dropping FPS, nothing to worry if you have HDD ( Hard Drive Disk ) due that they are much slower than SSD ( Solid-State Drives ) and cant deliver GTA V files to render, you could defragment your HDD but that wont give much of performance, but could speed up HDD by 1-5%? maybe more

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.