FiveM Hard Drive Issue

Okay, bare with me please. I’m not very tech savy :stuck_out_tongue: So my C: drive has about 112 GB. It’s all my operating programs for my computer. My D: drive has roughly 900 GB. All of my games, download folders, and saved files are on my D: drive. Nothing (save for FiveM and the operating programs) are on my C: drive. Before I installed FiveM, I had roughly 45GB free on my C: drive. After installing FiveM (everything was downloaded to my D: drive) and playing for a while, my C: has literally filled to the brim with unknown GB’s. This causes my game to crash. When I go to get back into FiveM, the Rockstar window pops up and says I need free space on my hard drive to play. I’ve deleted my cache folder, which clears up roughly 20 GB on my C: drive. I then have to restart my PC which suddenly clears up another 10 GB. So my questions are: a) why does it fill my C: up with so much GB causing a crash? b) how can I run the game from my D: drive and not the C: drive? and last c) how do I keep FiveM from taking up so much GB’s on my hard drives?

EDIT I also want to add that no matter how many times I delete the cache/crash folders (which also takes up space), I’m losing more and more GB’s. Before I know it, my C: drive will be filled up with unknown GB’s even if I delete those folders.

GTA V version?
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? I have GTA V on Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

System specifications

Alienware 17 R4
Intel(R) Core*TM) 17-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80hz, 2801 MHz, 4
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
Ram - 16 GB
C: Drive - 119 GB (before FiveM, I had approx. 45 GB free. Now, after deleting the cache and restarting the PC, I only have 13 GB free)
D: Drive - 931 GB (Only 77.6 GB used)

Also add what you already tried so far.

I have deleted the cache file, which seems to clear up roughly 20 GB. I understand that it will recreate itself upon entering servers. I’ve reinstalled FiveM and even GTA V.

I solved my issue.

Turns out it was my antivirus. Even turned off, it had an installation problem where it was taking larges amounts of GBs from my hard drive.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.