FiveM Bottleneck problem

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? newest one
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
**Error screenshot (if any)**no
System specifications
GT 740
Intel Core i5-4440 @3.1Ghz
8GB DDR3
1TB HDD ( 5years old )
What did you do to get this issue? FiveM issue
What server did you get this issue on? everyone, Pinned / SupportersCitizenFX.log (389.0 KB)

CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder

FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Windows Defender

FiveM is just one big Bottleneck, normal GTA V my GTA run 100%GPU and 100%CPU which is balanced i guess, on Rocket League GPU 100% and CPU 40% during games, in main menu its different but im fine with that, in R6 its similiar, but in FiveM GPU is 40-60% and CPU is 60-80% which shows that CPU is bottlenecking which shouldnt happen, is the chance that FiveM is coded differently then GTA V itself? or just servers are coded differently? because Bottleneck is big problem in gaming and majority problem is bottleneck

im confused here, if anything the 740 is a bottlekneck to the i5 4440 and i think its doing what it is because the cpu is trying to take over for what the gpu can not handle on its own.

This would make sense as FiveM tends to be heavier due to server mods.

It’s servers being coded like shit, tbh. Rockstar spends months and years optimizing and most modifications are inefficient and unoptimized.

yea, my friend who is Server Owner in MTA or SAMP to GTA:SA, and told me that to write a good working server it takes 5000 or 50000lines of code, but also i tried everyserver i also found with 10resources? or maybe less bottleneck was tragic both CPU and GPU were at 10%.

is there any chance that the server mods would be optimized? i really enjoying playing FiveM ( one part is that i have 3months ban for no fk reason, i dont want to go in debts bc that would make no sense at all ) but however i can play on low FPS, its very hard to play with sutters and seeing that GPU is at 50% or sometimes 20% where CPU is at 70%

Try playing on one of the pinned servers at the top of the server list.

1 Like

all i know is my buddy had a 740 and couldnt run it very well either so he ended up buying a 750 ti and now hes all good.

FiveM just has alot more going on compared to online with all these custom mods, a lot of them are sorta thrown together and the fivem devs have no real control over how people design there resources.

custom vehicles impact performance pretty good as well and custom maps.

same problem. i think i mention that

i think devs should help with programming good optimized resource and one per month check it, presonally i would buy new GPU but i cant leave home to earn some money due to few issues, but also i tried overclocking GT740 to GTA V no crash, but that was even worse then before, but thanks :confused: i think people should program resources better, if i know how to create good optimized resource i would create but cant :confused: thanks anyways

if needed i play on Transport Tycoon #2 and #4

1 Like

Exactly. A lot of people programming resources are new to programming. It’s great that they’re learning, but they’re beginners and don’t know what is considered best practices. If it works, they’re happy with it and let it be. And I don’t blame them. Optimization can be a tedius process and can complicate things. Hell, I have a computer science degree and I know my resources could be better. But it’s a lot of time and a lot of energy to make a script the best it can be.

A great thread on optimization can be found here: [Best practice] Improve your resource performance
Lots of resources have threads run every frame when they could be ran a couple times a second (or less!). I don’t at all feel like its the Elements job to step in and “fix” resources. They’re concerned about making FiveM the best it can be. It’s unrealistic for them to maintain both FiveM as well as a bunch of random resources.

idk mna this doesn’t make sense

it does, if you are technican or know technical stuff, its very hard becuase i had Work expierence at school helping IT dep, doing really hard work, not just fixing PC, but writing scirpts in Powershell ISE X86, Database programs etc,and know that its really hard for beginners to have really good script that will actualy perform without delays or any error during running, etc when your ID is created to login in School if you have, it most not stop while working, i was actually able to create it, but then it got glitchy after 10students :confused: and got stuck fixing it, well the school had the script but the IT wanted to learn me some scirpting and other stuff

Optimization can be a tedius process and can complicate things, yea, its tedious and high chance of braking the code then fixing it, but i believe that they should take 1-2days trying to fix it or make some difference and put on Test Server and see if it works and then week/month do it again while they are uploading other stuff, personally if i knew how to program script corrected i would just " Force " the owners to show me the resources improve what is needed give them and say to post on test servers and ask players if they see difference

well at the end of the day, its up to the people to do this which will not happen.

this is community driven and the elements do not make the server scripts so its up to the people to do something about it… so sadly… good luck with that.

Non the less, stay on topic this is technical support… not debate about resources that users make section.

contact the elements if you want to give suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.