[Feature] Add -cl2 support as already exists in FiveM

Currently unable to use -cl2 due to an issue the client has with file locking; having this working will greatly improve solo development of multiplayer features (or this does work and I have to do something else?).

I’ve been able to get it working by having a second installation of RedM in another drive, then I would just start the second launcher with -cl2 parameter and it worked :slight_smile:

Thats fine and all, but it would be nice for this to work the same as with the FiveM client. Noted as a work around.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. But at least we know how to use it now :slight_smile:, now it’s just a matter of time I believe. I think that the problem is that both installations share the same cache folder, and when the second one tries to access it, the folder is already locked by another process. I don’t have much experience with FiveM scripting (I started with RedM), so I could be wrong even though I have some degree of understanding of how stuff works in general.

Glad to have been helpful.

Just found that the Rockstar Auth Token will block duplicate logins, so thats an external limitation. Been told to take it slower… we’ll see.

Yea, works if I take my time. Just rushing in my tired state.

I had no issues joining with two clients on my local server tho :thinking:. Of course, the game mode isn’t designed to handle two steam ids but it should be helpful enough for simple stuff.

I primarily don’t use SteamIDs so that is not an issue and it works well, again as stated I just needed to be slower between my loading of each client so not to trigger any auth token checks for duplication.

Ohh right, I understood that you had problems starting in general :slight_smile:

I done same as u did but i have infinity loading screen in cl2 client any way you can help me reslove this problem i also got this debug in cl2 client:
[0530/172032:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(153)] failed to create pipe: 231
[0530/172032:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(46)] Unable to create pipe named “rgsc_gameipc” in client mode.
[0530/172038:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(153)] failed to create pipe: 231
[0530/172038:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(46)] Unable to create pipe named “rgsc_gameipc” in server mode.
[0530/172043:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(153)] failed to create pipe: 231
[0530/172043:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(46)] Unable to create pipe named “rgsc_gameipc” in client mode.
[0530/172055:WARNING:ipc_channel_win.cc(153)] failed to create pipe: 231