Failing To Start [Server]

Having installed the current version of mono, attempting to start the server gives me the error

“No node deserializer was able to deserialize the node into type System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089”

The server is running Debian, it’s a dedicated server. Not an expert could do with some help with this.

have you seen/followed this?

also whats your method of access to the sevrer? ssh? vnc?

SSH, and yes that’s the guide I followed. At first, the version of mono was incorrect so I uninstalled and re-installed. Now I get the above error.

not entirely sure what that spesific error is about however some posts say that microsoft .net framework 4.0 isnt installed or corrupted. not entirely sure how handy that is.

EDIT
perhaps try re-installing mono again this time using --purge to hopefully remove all previous data left by the program.

also

make sure you installed mono-complete

also be sure to run the “run.sh” file (suprizingly some people still try bats and exes under linux heh)

I use something named autostart.sh (code below). this should auto-restart the 5m server if its stopped or crashes.

#!/bin/bash
autostart(){
./run.sh
echo Server stopped
echo waiting 3 seconds
sleep 3
echo Restarting Server
autostart
}
autostart

1 Like

Thank you, I will try re-installing mono. Had a look around for this issue and it hasn’t come up anywhere. Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Fixed, figured out the error. It was an unwanted character in the citmp-server.yml file. Mistype… Appreciate the help though.

1 Like

what was your mistype im having the exact same issue ?