EUP purchased through paypal/patreon not allowed anymore?

ive spent a good over $300 in eup, but recently after the whole tebex scam going on ive been told the server is at risk of violating TOS and being taken down. So all of the stuff i purchased is now useless because fivem wants to force everyone to use tebex for any purchases related to fivem? (meanwhile theyre stil using patreon and charging $20 just to stream clothing)

Well, it was never really “allowed”. You couldn’t make a profit from FiveM, all money had to go directly to server costs, and once reached you were to stop taking money. This isn’t something new.

EUP is not related to FiveM, it is a clothing pack for GTA 5, isn’t it?

50/50 GTA 5 is basically FiveM, FiveM is basically just GTA V a little modification like a menu before playing and EUP is avavible in GTA V SP and FiveM

My buddy is saying that using custom clothing not paid through tebex is violating fivem tos and will result in the server being taken down. I just need an answer on whether that’s false or not so I can continue using the stuff I paid for

It is certanly false I never paid for my EUP I used this one: “Emergency Uniform Pack|Client/Server Sided|Easy Install|UPDATE 5.0 Announcement” as longest it is not from a scriptleak it shouldn’t be illegal (I think a scriptleaked content is getting counted as piracy not sure tho)

Edit: And they certanly can’t track back any purchases imagen how many workers would they require to check all servers and ask Server owners and there is a nice mount of Server so I doubt it currently

Edit2: So I looked into their TOS and I found the following:

No financial remuneration shall be obtained by the Users from any derivative of, or third-
party service, User Generated Content, or Game Server for FiveM, the Game Services, or other
entities stated in these Terms, except as expressly permitted by CitizenFX. Entities with
permission are included under ADDENDUM D: LIST OF EXCEPTIONS FOR TERM ‘8’.

The list of expections from Term 8:

Addendum D: List of exceptions for term ‘8’
• Entity name: ZAP-Hosting GmbH & Co. KG.
Purpose: Game server provider
• Any approved end-user transaction for in-game privileges or User Generated Content through
built-in commerce functionality in FiveM, at this time exclusively provided through Tebex Ltd.
(https://tebex.io/). Note that this still does not include hosting

as I understand it as longest YOU dont sell it over a second platform like content or in-game privileges you should be fine

if I’m wrong please correct me ^^

I bought various clothing from devs through PayPal. Patreon. Websites. Etc. and he’s worried because it wasn’t paid through tebex it’s in violation

Well prob the dev has a problem but he can still move to tebex yknow and you you got no trouble as much as I understood it (but as longest the dev would share his work for free it wouldn’t violate the TOS from FiveM or he will just share it as a GTA V Mod and not FiveM you just have to convert it to FiveM then