Esx_rpchat everyone can see proximity messages (/me ; /do)

So i found that if one or two players are on server everything is good, if 4 or more players playing, the script shows the messages to all in the world :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you’re using OneSync infinity, it’s because player culling occurs. Not all players are drawn on your client, so the missing player (who is too far away from you) comes back to your client as yourself. That means the game thinks everyone who is too far away is you.

It might not be 100% the correct answer, but it’s what is happening. I had to change my chat resource for my custom scripts to use the server to determine people’s locations and send out proximity-based messages. Now we haven’t had a problem with it.

1 Like

Can you help me by giving that script, or maybe you can sell it or something?

1 Like

i can help you!!! i make a RP chat bassed in SAMP! Sysgra#3179

In server, you’ll need to register an event:

RegisterServerEvent('server:sendChat')

AddEventHandler('server:sendChat', function(source, name, message)
-- Trigger a client event to send chat from here, like a client:sendChat
end)

So, before the GetDistanceBetweenCoords on above code (client-sided), do this:

TriggerServerEvent('server:sendChat', GetPlayerServerId(v), name, message)

And that’s it (:

4 Likes

that works!! You saved me from being crazy! Thank you dude!

Update your essentialmode to the newest and it’ll work perfectly

where could i find the /me script that has the players character name in front of the text ??? pls help

You need to make it by ur self, and i think esx_rpchat has that option in config

you can up it example i have this problem and not fix it :frowning:

dm me in dc EIKITNXNUSIRASAU#1024

i send request bro this is me → ElNegro#5946

What was your solution to this ? Like 2 months ago my script worked perfectly but now every one see the proximity messages, and i’m going crazy :frowning:

Didn’t understand what events i need to call on client an server side in your explication :frowning:

Does anyone have a snippet of their proximity chat they can post? I can’t seem to get my /me and /do to work locally.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.