EssentialMode - Unable to "/setjob id name grade" etc

Hello Community of FiveM!

I’m having some issues with my server. I set my self to “100” and “superadmin” in the database and jump in game and typed “/admin” and it says Im admin and I have the power to do things I need to do. However, When I typed commands it doesn’t work and gives me errors. When I typed /setjob (myid) (nameofjob) (gradeofjob) it says this

When I type /givemoney (myid) (amount) in the bottom left it says invalid amount. (I have tried many different amounts of money, ranging from 2 - 5 digits)

Here’s my server.cfg

server.cfg (4.0 KB)

2 Likes

The money part is giving money from your bank account to someone else. Not sure about the others.

1 Like

To give yourself money edit the value in the DB and restart the server.

Have you looked in the commands.lua file? Change the group allowed to use the command.

Or just use the es_admin menu.

1 Like

Did not know that. How do you open it?

Use home key after appropriate group has been set.

1 Like

Ok. How do you set group? Sorry for asking so many questions, I am a dumba$$

1 Like

First admin must set in DB. Like “superadmin” and level “25”. Number doesnt matter as long as server owner has highest number. Then that user can open es_admin menu and set money, groups and more.

2 Likes

Where is the Commands.lua file?

2 Likes

In the databse my level is 100 and group is superadmin

1 Like

In es_extended. Server folder/ commands.lua. word of advice know your base and framework before actually running a server.

make sure superadmin isnt caps at all

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true, Im just kinda new to all this. So “HOME” key opens the menu?

1 Like

Yes home key opens the menu. If your using esx(which you are) the banking code is different than the code used in the es_menu. So you cant set bank, ingame. That has to be done in the DB or rewrite the es_menu code for esx black money. In commands.lua you’ll want to change “jobmaster” to “superadmin” or whatever group your in.

1 Like

How about /setjob stuff? That also is done by the HOME menu?

1 Like

No thats part of esx. Not essential mode. That is done via the command /setjob [id] jobname jobrank

1 Like

commands.lua (6.0 KB)

That’s my commands.lua - I did CTRL + F and searched “jobmaster” and didint find anything

1 Like

Okay so, I changed my self to “admin” in the groups and when I do “/setjob 1 police 2” I still get the initial error at the top

TriggerEvent(‘es:addGroupCommand’, ‘setjob’, ‘mod’, function(source, args, user)

My bad its ‘mod’ change that to your group.

TriggerEvent(‘es:addGroupCommand’, ‘setjob’, ‘superadmin’, function(source, args, user)

1 Like

I changed my group to “mod” and it typed “/setjob 1 police 2” and it said the same thing. Here
https://gyazo.com/95f988f0cf2a6b379e29d14e5ceeb60d