Error texture : I have this problem 50% of times

Hello everyone, so I’m posting a topic today because it’s been a few days trying to find a solution to this topic on the forum but without success or at least I may have been found but I didn’t know then here I have some problems with the textures, it happens to me about 50% of the time. Sometimes when I start the emulator it doesn’t happen to me during the session but sometimes I have this problem:

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance to you
Sorry for my english i’m french

Hi duduch,
This usually happens if there is a texture conflict, if textures are missing, incomplete YTD or problems with meta files. Sometimes it can also happen if the server cant keep up, like there are too many resources running or if file sizes are too large.

Does this problem only happen with that exact building and car? Or does it happen all over the map with different cars and different buildings?

1 Like

Most likely that means your .ytd file is too large (16mb is limit for FiveM)

1 Like

Hello so already thank you for answering me, it is very appreciated, so it does not only happen to me with this vehicle and this place either, but it does not happen to me all the time it happens to me from time to time, there currently I restarted my fivem server and no worries, but I would not like that to happen to me when I would put my server completely online

I looked and none of my files exceed 16mb but thank you anyway

I’m gonna watch this cause I think it could be that

Are you running server on VPS, or Zap-Hosting? And write resources total number (i never had problems like that, with 250 resources). Maybe RAM or CPU is not enough for server to handle that amount of cars, interiers, etc.

1 Like

If its happening with different vehicles and different places, and the issue disappears on a restart, then the next place to look would probably be your server, as excile suggested.
Scripts and the like dont much demand on hardware, but when you start adding extra ymaps and resources that need to be rendered, a low rated server can really start to slow down and create problems. This might not actually be the cause, but its a good place to start if you are building a server for the public to use.

I would probably recommend doing some load tests on your server. Start with just basic resources, like a handful of scripts and one or two interiors, see how it performs, and gradually load in more resources, and see if it starts to buckle.
This should give you an idea of what your server is capable of. Its a time consuming process, but if you want to release your server, you’ll definitley need to know its limits, especially if your players start requesting some additions later on.

If your still getting these texture issues with just minimal resources, then we need to look at other possible causes.

1 Like

Also, if you are using Zap, there is a performance monitor on the server dashboard. Its not super accurate, but it does give a general idea of how its performing. It might help to also watch that as you load up resources

1 Like

Currently I work locally I have a Ryzen 3400G, 16gb 3200mhz
but I also run Fivem behind which uses a lot behind and I have 260 resources
I just ordered a machine there for testing

anyway, thank you two, you enlighten me a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.