Eradicate cheat engine. Does this way is possible?

Hello guys,

I’m server owners.

I made lot of customs things for my server. New items… New job… New UI… New farm method…

And now wondering after setting up all that mods, if people bother me and cheat out the money with cheat engine. It a loooot of work for nothing.

I dev since a long time. But i wonder if you guys could help me out to answer a simple question about Client/server in game.

The goal is to eradicat cheat engine possibility. Even if i have to edit my 160 mod x 15 line of xPlayer.addmoney

Is it possible to do something like this :

1. I make a config value for the xPlayer.addmoney in a config.lua
  2. in server side each time I do a xPlayer.addmoney I check from client side the config value. And if it goes up that what i set inside the config file then player get kick of ban or no money proc.

Any help welcome.

Also, if you guy got a way for me with windows hosting to log money moves as well. Thank before.
Since I use forum help for that. If i dev something I will share.

Cheat Engine is something that you can’t really get rid of unless if you recode your scripts, and protect them from it. Etc

You can if you do it the right way.

Just so I know.

Does the client is still able to get 1500$
If i do :
If amount > config.moneyMax then - -(MAX=600)
kick()
else
xPlayer.addMoney(config.moneyMax)
end

If amount > config.moneyMax then - -(MAX=600)

going over that limit at once is going to kick them, if you have your kick permissions setup properly.

I know :sweat_smile:
Just asking … Do you guys think that could work without an issue ?

Do you think it worth to spend the time to test ?

Not sure I never tested CE on FiveM

Just make sure you never define the amount of money/rewards on the client side. If you keep this strictly on server side, no one with cheat engine will be able to mess with it.

1 Like

They can do what ever they want with hashmodel.
So I want to check each addMoney get add remove

This topic might be interesting for you

Very good. Thanks to everyone for answers.

Well here is what I’m preparing after get all infos :
I edited
-essentialmod
-es_extended
-es_admin2
-esx_society

-When any trigger of gold is called I have an alerte on discord (much spam).
-I linked these to a discord.

Then I coded an other bot in GUI windows automation language. To read discord alerts and make another alerte if the amount triggered is highter than CONFIGURED values.

May someone is interested about testing something like that with me ?
(Hight population servers only for testing purpose)