Dumping / saving strmem, resmon etc to file

To further allow users to provide information to resource creators, server developers and whatnot, being able to save the resource monitor and similar to disk would be a great addition.
Since these overlays usually contain more info than one can view at once, it would also be a great way to view them in another environment.

While on the subject of the monitors, having a way to fetch their contents (or the data they read) via code would also be pretty useful.

1 Like

How would you imagine these to look when ‘saved to disk’, given most of them represent highly dynamic data?

CSV similar to how they’re shown in the overlay in-game. At least for the ones shown as simple lists. More complex structures could probably work as json?
Doesn’t really matter much as long as they’re a workable format.

Just found this in the search, I am also interested in this.

I think something like resmon log MY_RESOURCE_NAME and saving that data to a CSV would be great. It would greatly help in profiling and optimizing resources.

Storing a time series of ALL resources becomes slightly messier, essentially a time series of JSON where the data is a 2D array.

I found the source code for resmon here, would there be opposition to a random person (me) trying to make a PR to implement it?

Additions, as long as they serve a good purpose and are useful, are generally always welcome - you’re free to PR a change to almost anything really.

By the way, there’s already the profiler command which can export to a Chrome DevTools-compatible visualization format.