dpEmotes 1.7 (390+ emotes) Walkingstyles, Keybinding, Dances, Expressions and Shared Emotes

how can I unbind an emote?

I have this problem and i dont know how to solve it…
Any idea or help ?!

you need to set up your database

How do you change the animation height? Some animations pop the player up to be floating.
Is there a way to make some animations work similar to “sitchair” where prop placement doesn’t effect where you end up?

Three years later this is STILL the go to resource for emotes. Always appreciate your work @Dullpear_dev !

2 Likes

(Removed due to advertising)

1 Like

Hi all.

First of all I will start by saying that I am new to lua scripting, so bear with me. I have a dumb question.

We are calling a sandwich emote from a different script when we are eating by using this command:

exports[‘anims’]:PlayEmote(‘sandwich’)

What I am not sure about is, when I am done with my eating, how do I stop the animation from the other script? I can’t seem to find a way.

I actually figured this out already, so you can ignore my previous question. I do have one question though.

How can I make it so that if I call the animation from another script that it ignores the enable/disable movement option in the UI, and always allow movement when the animation is called from the other script?

@Milkman00 you’re best to create a new discussion so people can answer your questions

Hello! We have an issue where players exploit the keybind options, is there a way to remove the ability to keybind emotes even through f8?

Hey, can you make more gang signs and hands in pockets emotes? Overall more street gang emotes, such as carrying maybe a gun or showing it off, showing off a very small brick of weed… that kind of stuff… thank you

Already done

do you by chance provide support for this? if so any time I change anything at all in the config I get errors saying “Attempt to index a nil value” I have not changed anything with the script itself just the config. If you would like pictures, tell me and I can message them to you.

You might have done something wrong inside the config, what are you trying to do exactly?

This is my config, all I did was change a few things
config.lua (23.7 KB)

I’m in bed with Covid unfortunately so feel free to post photos and explain what you tried to change and the exact error you get.

It’s probably something to do with formatting.

oh I’m super sorry to hear that, so just to make it simple, I deleted every trace of dpemotes entirely, added it back, and simply changed the button from ‘F5’ to ‘F3’ just deleting the 5 and adding 3, I get this exact error wihout the quotes: “attempt to index a nil value (global ‘Config’)” there’s nothing more in the console other than it saying it couldn’t load the config.lua

:thinking: Delete your server cache, shut down the server, make sure you haven’t changed anything else. Can you try a different key and see if that works? Try F9 for example.

Alternatively, you can set the menu key (for yourself) in the ‘pause menu’ however other plays will still be F5 or F9.

I’ll have @AvaN0x elaborate on this and try to assist when he’s not munching down on BBQ Fried Frog Legs, snails and pasta :laughing::fr:

lol all good, I really appreciate the help, sorry for bothering you, and hope you start feeling better soon!

1 Like

You’re not a bothersome :smiley:

Try using the key code thing maybe?

https://docs.fivem.net/docs/game-references/input-mapper-parameter-ids/keyboard/