Dope_island_hopper - Hop between Los Santos and Cayo Perico island

dope_island_hopper

Current Version: v1.0.1

contributions welcome

This resource allows you to easily hop between Los Santos and the Cayo Perico island. Complete with cutscenes!

Important Links

Source Code: Link
Download: dope_island_hopper.zip (11.9 KB)

What is dope_island_hopper?

As the Cayo Perico Heist DLC has been released and FiveM is preparing to push it to the main branch so everyone can enjoy, this resource will help your players move quickly between one island and the other. Using a set of locations throughout the world, you can move between islands.

Features

• Teleport from one island to the other
  • Automatically activates/deactivates the other island (gta5 level)
  • Toggle cutscenes for entering and leaving island!
  • Enables path nodes for waypoint routes on Cayo Perico island
  • Configuration file to configure the marker, blip, locations and more

:warning: This was untested on a production build with streamed DLC assets, but should work fine apart from some native call errors as they don’t exist for clients that aren’t using b2189

Requirements

At the time of writing there’s one requirement. This will change once FiveM pushes b2189 as default DLC build version.

• Run b2189 on Canary or have Cayo Perico DLC island assets

Video

With Cutscenes

or Streamable

Without Cutscenes

or Streamable

Installation

Simple Lua script install. Download (see Important Links) and extract the dope_island_hopper folder to your resources/ folder. Don’t forget to ensure dope_island_hopper in your server.cfg.

Configuration

Inside shared/config.lua is a configuration file that you can edit to your liking. It should be self-explanatory. If it’s not, let me know in a reply here and I’ll document it more.

Contributing

You are more than welcome to contribute to this project by submitting a pull request and creating issues. I encourage you to test the features and add what you find missing.

License

You can modify or edit the code as you like, but you cannot re-release it anywhere. Please see the LICENSE

18 Likes

Can you do this for the Map which is used in GTA’s First story mode mission? I forgot the name of it.

That’s called North Yankton. This resource is meant for the new DLC. Perhaps I will modify it for North Yankton, but not at the moment.

Cool release :smiley:

1 Like

What’s the plans for the the island to be pushed onto the main branch? Because con-currently their’s only a streaming way which is 2gb?

No, you can also use the latest FXServer version and run FiveM client Canary with b2189. See Enabling the island on build 2189

I don’t know when it will be pushed to main branch. Probably by the end of January is my guess.

1 Like

Doesn’t this remove the whole roleplay experience of being able to catch a boat or a plane or Heli to get to the island? just my personal opinion.

Remember, Not all servers are roleplay ones

1 Like

And thanks buddy!

2 Likes

Amazing release!

2 Likes

Thanks dop3t, good work! ^^

2 Likes

Can you tell me how to use the island without streaming the assets? I’m on latest build already.

I’m guessing that i need to update something like bob74_ipl to canary ?

2 Likes

Tried this release a few hours ago, works flawlessly from what I can tell. Good job, d0p3t!

1 Like

You must update your FXServer to past 3322. If you’re on latest latest you only need to run canary and follow the instructions in the tutorial I linked earlier. (Without running the natives as this script partially runs them; see source code)

If you’re using 3322, you don’t need to do anything to your server but must run Canary with the b2189 flag. Run it from your console like so .\FiveM.exe b2189.

This isn’t really meant for production servers yet. It thought I’d just have a little script ready for when it is.

Ofcourse lots of enhancements that can be made so if I don’t do it and someone else can or has an idea, don’t be afraid to ask or pull request :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Nice work! Would be cool to try see a cutscene of a plane flying back and fourth somehow.

2 Likes

Nice Script it’s working

@sadboilogan has been messing around with that. Was thinking of including not a cutscene but just whoever getting into a boat for example and then it fades in/out.

Whatever you guys want to do, go ahead. Might have Logan update the repo with the cutscene. Would definitely bee cool

1 Like

indeed! i made a pr for it a couple of days ago, with an example video of it and such. has 2 different modes with one including the party scene. see Add ability to use cutscenes, with "long" and "short" versions. by sadboilogan · Pull Request #1 · d0p3t/dope_island_hopper · GitHub and

of course, this is just static stuff and would need some custom “fake” cutscene to support different entry routes and stuff, this is just directly from the in game cutscenes which anticipate you travelling from LSIA.

1 Like

Nice!