Does anyone want to create a new framework together? (Not a server)

Hello!

I got the idea of creating a new roleplaying framework/game mode for FiveM in Lua because I want to get more experience with FiveM development. Instead of doing it alone, I thought of doing it together with someone else that has more experience than me or even less, it doesn’t really matter because my goal is to learn from each other.

I haven’t planned anything out, I will do that with the person I find.

If you have any questions or is interested in this project, just answer in this thread or message me on discord: Jacob#3274

Making a new framework is very complicated and unless you want to make something which hasn’t been made before, i’d say it’s not the best way to go. I created my own server and asked help on the forums for when i needed some to learn. It’s an “easy” way of doing so, + you can copy code from other scripts which have similarly working functions which is always useful if you don’t want to search the internet for ever. After all, you do what ever you want, and i’d be more than happy to see a new working framework available to everyone but i do think that if you’re starting in lua this isn’t the way to go

I’m not really new to programming in general only to scripting in FiveM so Lua is not really a problem for me, and I have made quite a few scripts before this for FiveM but felt that it was boring making small standalone scripts time after time. My goal with this is to work on a bit larger project rather than of those that I have worked on so far. But I understand where you are coming from.

1 Like