Docker based Linux server - Exit code 0, no explanation why it quits, no logs

The goal

I am trying to set up a easy-to-manage development setup for a group of people that work together on a FiveM project. CI/CD pipelines to ensure there are no errors when merging code, and as well a docker-compose based setup to ease the work around deploying local test server for developers. Short story, I am working on making things efficient and easy to use for everyone, with solid environments that easily can reproduce issues or replicate how a server potentially will run in production.
Both the pipeline and the local test server setup I am trying to make, relies on Docker, where the server gets sat up and deployed.

The problem

Whenever I try to deploy the server artifacts, any version of the artifacts, the server does not tell me any useful information, and decides to quit… with code 0 (Normal exit lol). Please note, the same setup runs without issues on linux if it is not in docker

fivem_1          | Creating script environments for _cfx_internal
fivem_1          | Creating script environments for sessionmanager
fivem_1          | Started resource sessionmanager
fivem_1          | Creating script environments for monitor
fivem_1          | Started resource monitor
fivem_1          | Started resource text
fivem_1          | Creating script environments for debug_resource
fivem_1          | Started resource debug_resource
fivem_1          | Started resource weapon_spawner
fivem_1          | Started resource test_system
fivem_1          | Authenticating server license key...
fivem_1          | Server license key authentication succeeded. Welcome!
fivem_1          |         fff                          
fivem_1          |   cccc ff   xx  xx     rr rr    eee  
fivem_1          | cc     ffff   xx       rrr  r ee   e 
fivem_1          | cc     ff     xx   ... rr     eeeee  
fivem_1          |  ccccc ff   xx  xx ... rr      eeeee 
fivem_1          |                                      
fivem_1          | Authenticated with cfx.re Nucleus: https://redacted.users.cfx.re/
fivem-fivem_1 exited with code 0

What have I tried?

I have:

• Changed to various artifacts
  • Attempted to run Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image instead of 20.04 (I haven’t tried Alpine yet).
  • Reconfigured the entire server.cfg, removed all resources and also removing them one by one.
  • Tried Docker on 3 different machines, both on Windows and on Linux Host OS’s.
  • Searching for others with the same issue.

Perhaps I am forgetting something. What could it be? Are there any hidden requirements that are not listed on here (fivem docs)?

Thank you for any useful input, and appreciate your time. Let me know if you need any extra information.

I guess you’re passing EOF to stdin which leads to an instant close as if Ctrl-C/Ctrl-D were pressed. Try enabling a terminal for stdin.

1 Like

Thank you, I had not considered it. That actually solved my issue.

For future readers; if you face a similar problem, make sure you keep STDIN open while the container is running. For docker directly, use -i to launch it, or for docker compose, add this: stdin_open: true under your server service.

Appreciate your time.