DiscordAcePerms [Release]

So what about, if the in game was changed?
I’m not asking for any feature suggestions, I was just wondering how when the name is changed on discord, it takes away the mod perms.

Like for to fix it, we actually have to take away the moderator’s role in discord, and then reapply it to him/her. I dunno what could be the issue.

That doesn’t seem to make any sense to me as discord id is used and not the name :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know right…
This is what console showed for the moderator
missing identifier 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙤 has not gotten their permissions cause roleIDs == false
Then, I take away the role from him on discord, give him it back, then he joins with his perms again.

From what I remember, that’s a discord_perms issue, but it usually means the discord service was not open and Fivem could not detect discord properly. I very much doubt it had anything to do with him changing his name.

Oh ok, well, that’s a shame. I’m gonna try find it over on discord_perms forum.
Thanks for your time.

I’ve removed your Discord link as it is against our rules, as linked below.

Is this correct? Below are 2 lines of code. The first one is the server.lua from the DiscordAcePerms and the second one is from my server.cfg. If their is anything incorrect please let me know. I also have my folder for my script named “DiscordAcePerms” and have started the script under that name.

roleList = {
{552026701731725313, "Fax.AOP"}, --[[ STAFF --- ]] 
{552026701731725313, "command.announce"}, --[[ STAFF --- ]]
{569487387554742302, "group.admin"}, --[[ Asst. Director --- ]]
{551199744161087498, "group.admin"}, --[[ Deputy Director --- ]]
{551199533829193748, "group.admin"}, --[[ Director --- ]]
add_ace Fax.AOP faxes.aopcmds allow
add_ace w.reset w.reset allow
add_ace group.admin command.announce allow
add_ace resource.DiscordAcePerms command.add_principal allow

Don’t worry i got it to work!

1 Like

Worked for a bit, doesn’t work at all anymore. I join and it does not give me any roles at all anymore.
discord_perms properly sets the server and all, but when I join I do not receive any roles despite being admin.
I followed all instructions, the roleList is formatted properly. I start both discord_perms and DiscordAcePerms, discord_perms being started before DiscordAcePerms.

You may be getting rate limited

Any way to check this?

This is my 5th time trying to post this, but im getting this error:

This is the server.lua of DiscordAcePerms:

And the config.lua of discord_perms:

This usually implies that the discord application is not being detected

It doesn’t give anyone their roles at all despite a ton of people on my server having Discord open. Is there something I need to change in server.cfg? Maybe this?:

#sv_authMaxVariance 1
#sv_authMinTrust 5

Have you set up the actual groups with vMenu too?

Also, line 65 is different than what your error describes on my GitHub. I would download my resource again and config it. You have an older version I believe.

I’ll try that

I updated and set the role ID’s, but nothing happens still. No errors this time. When I connect to the server it shows my identifiers but none of them are discord; I’m not sure if it’s supposed to show that as an identifier when I connect.
EDIT: Nevermind, got it working, had to enable discord overlay.

Hello, i tried using your script, but its not working has i wanted (i might have done something wrong, or misread what the script does).

So the script sees what Role i own on discord and it gives me that role ingame? I have a VRP base so if i add groups in vrp/cfg/groups.lua (example “Police”) if i have that group on discord will it give me the same role ingame when i join the server?

In my console it is setting all of my roles and finding my guild ect. When I go in game my vMenu permissions still do not want to work. I am having no errors though saying that the permissions.cfg isn’t being executed. Any Ideas?