Discord roles for permissions (im creative, i know)

Seem to be running into this issue

Resource loading for discord_perms failed:
Could not open resource metadata file /home/zap434837/g120488/gta5-fivem/server-data/resources//discord_perms/__resource.lua.

Is this the fix for this error?
https://forum.cfx.re/uploads/default/a5310bbbdf156b327b039a7e38bd736f39eb51ce

That’s a different error

But can you help?

hello can i put more rules ? thx

Alright so I’m actually stressing HARD rn. I’ve been trying to get this to work for 3 hours now and its being a pain in the a$$. I am trying to use this and a Discord Role Vehicle Whitelist script. Bronze will offer a few cars, silver will offer the cars bronze bronze and some more that I have set. Once I have it working I can do Gold and Platinum easily but i’m really annoyed right now. I finally got it to the point where it lets me join and isn’t erroring but before I couldnt spawn any of the cars whether I had the role or not but now I can spawn all of them without any role. Whitelisted is for a different Discord Whitelist but it does work! Can someone please help me out:

Discord Roles:
DiscordRoles
Discord Perms Config:

Bronze Role:

Bronze Cars:
BronzeCars
Silver Role:

Silver Cars:
SilverCars
Bronze Access = Bronze Role Vehicle Whitelist:
Silver Access = Silver Role Vehicle Whitelist:
VehicleWhitelist

Delete the comma at the end of the Platinum Access line in discord_perms

I have installed this exactly as instructed, and made all of the necessary edits to the files, but it just won’t work. the whitelist works, but even with the listed discord perm I can’t spawn the vehicle. I have discord open and i’m not getting any error messages, it just doesn’t work.

i am getting this error what to do

Await failure: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:770: An error happened while calling export IsRolePresent of resource discord_perms (citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:126: @discord_perms/server.lua:77: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field ‘data’)
stack traceback:
@discord_perms/server.lua:77: in function ‘IsRolePresent’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:391: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:390
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:390: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:389), see above for details
stack traceback:
@DiscordWhitelist/server.lua:31: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110

I am also getting this error.

I’m having SEVERAL issues with this. It does not work at all, i did everything the videos say, deleted all server files to restart, and nothing! i see everyone else is having issues, so please fix this ASAP!

I’m not supporting this anymore, discord identifiers and the way i do this system are too unreliable to have it fully functioning. Id reccomend using a bot or an oauth system using the new defferal cards for an effective way of getting user identifiers.

This resource just seems to keep causing more issues than it was intended to solve.

IDK how to do that at all, really liked how simple this script was. What a shame.

Bro the people who cant get it to work, are people not setting it up right. I have used it on 2 or 3 servers and it works perfectly

1 Like

Hey IllusiveTea, I’ve setup the plugin properly (i think). I’ve got our discord’s guild ID in and in the server console I can see it finding our discord. I’ve also pasted the role id into the config but our bot shows offline in the discord and I’m using this with the DiscordVehicleWhitelist and when I try to spawn a car it says it’s blacklisted and I’ve given myself the role. Not sure if this is an issue with the discord role resource or the whitelist.

Sry if this seems like a stupid question, do I need to code or make a bot for this?

Hi, I don’t know what i am doing wrong. I got the bot in the server. (invited manually). But nothing else seems to happen. The bot is offline. I am using the rank sync plugin (DiscordChatRoles [Release]). I get no errors in console either.

Discord Token = My bot token from the developer website on Discord, right?
Guild ID = Right click on my server name on discord and copy ID.

AM I doing something wrong?

Edit seems like I found an error hiding in the logs:

An error occured, please check your config and ensure everything is correct. Error: 403

I regenerated the token as well. Double checked the server ID number. By doing CTRl+F as well. Nothing seems to be incorrect. What is my next step?

edit: ALl good now. It works fine. Thanks for the plugin :slight_smile:

hi

i getting error with discord perms error parsing script @discord_perms/config.lua in resource discord_perms: @discord_perms/config.lua:10: ‘}’ expected (to close ‘{’ at line 7) near ‘[’
resource discord_perms: @discord_perms/server.lua:2: attempt to index a nil value (global ‘Config’)

stack traceback:

This error is new http://prntscr.com/pg3k1r ok

I’m closing this as I’ve stated previously:

I’m not supporting this anymore, discord identifiers and the way i do this system are too unreliable to have it fully functioning. Id reccomend using a bot or an oauth system using the new defferal cards for an effective way of getting user identifiers.

This resource just seems to keep causing more issues than it was intended to solve.