Discord roles for permissions (im creative, i know)

So i have to invite the bot to my discord server and give it permission?

Okay…So i managed to fix that. Now i get this: “Not found!” can’t find the role?

1 Like

How do i make the bot online, bc it is always offline

Add me on discord: Ghost#3120

https://anidiots.guide/other-guides/hosting-on-glitch

Or google how to host a discord bot

I made a bot from https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/ i was wondering how i turned this one on

If your having problems read me

About 2 weeks ago I had no knowledge on how discord bots worked at all. But over time and tutorials i slowly started to learn. If your new to FiveM development or just dont know what your doing I would highly suggest installing This resource on your server. Not only will this help you learn the basic on node bots but he has giving a very detailed instillation guide. Once you setup the resource you can use the same bot for all of these bot resource’s. (as far as i know). Even faxes new white list resource (which is awesome you should def check it out.) will run off the same bot. Anyways this helped me alot and I think it will dramatically help the OP’s of these bot resources. Alot of these guys will tell you to do your research before asking for help. So here ive provided you with a link now launch off and see where it takes you. :+1:

Thanks u were a huge help

1 Like

I don’t want to be “that guy” but how can I implement with vmenu permissions? my vmenu permmissions.cfg is in the same directory as my server.cfg and server.cfg is set to exect the perm.cfg.(very first line). I’ve placed

add_ace resource.discord_perms command.add_principal allow
add_ace resource.discord_perms command.remove_principal allow
in my permissions.cfg and I don’t see any errors when starting my server

I guess my question is how do actually give the roles that have been added permissions?

1 Like

can you give a role with this ?. example if you are a mechanic ingame then you get the mechanic role on discord

No, this is only for getting roles

Could you give an example permission.cfg. The readME is a bit confusing.

What? This isn’t even required… you use exports to use this. exports.discord_perms:IsRolePresent(player, role)

Well you clearly haven’t looked hard enough at this release! Illusive released a version for Ace permissions.

He did, did he? :thinking:

Take a look. IllusiveTea/discord_perms/blob/ACE-Perm-System/README.md

Im quite new with ace perms but the readme confuses me.

Linux server - Works fine all day, then suddenly for some ppl it stops working and gives this error in console… I have had it suddenly give this error a few times…

Error running system event handling function for resource discordwhitelist: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: No such export IsRolePresent in resource discord_perms
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: in metamethod '__index'
	server.lua:26: in upvalue 'handler'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182>

Anyway to get this to work with @JayJayAuto 's role chat? I’ve tried but I all I get is an error.

Error parsing script sv_chat.lua in resource rolesFX: sv_chat.lua:14: '}' expected near 'CEO'
Failed to load script sv_chat.lua.
Started resource rolesFX

I have a basic bot created and the resource in the server. Do I have to include any special code for the bot to know how to gather the role info and provide it to the server?

Could we get an example on a client event asking the server if a permission if available i have a vehicle white list script for planes and its client side

Given my lack of expertise in Ace permissions, would it be possible to use this with something like vMenu? I know vMenu checks permissions at server startup so it may not work, but would it be possible to save the Ace permissions through a restart?