Disallow Copyright Infringement

Thanks Indra :pray:

At the end of the day,

My intention is to preserve the future of GTA 5 and FiveM / RedM / “other platform” modding, even if my approach may seem confrontational. Ignoring copyright laws puts the entire CFX project at risk.

Currently, we face challenges when ScriptHookV experiences delays due to its developer’s location in Ukraine, and with OpenIV’s downtimes also disrupting the modding community.

As we eagerly await GTA 6, it’s crucial to maintain the integrity of the CFX projects to avoid legal consequences.

If we keep sabotaging the agreements we have with Rockstar Games and Taketwo Interactive, by trying to sell off something as own but infringing intellectual property rights while doing so, it’s only a matter of time before Taketwo shuts this whole thing down.

No more entertainment, no more modding, no more RP, all your thousands of dollars spent on atrocious nonsensical resources, down the toilet.

I can understand the time and work out in when someone creates a script, MLO, or custom clothing from scratch, especially props, however adding real life branding to them becomes a problem.

It’s important to remember that Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar London developed the well-known series Midnight Club, featuring authentic branded vehicles, modifications, and more. Considering this, I am confident that they have the means to include those brands and content in GTA 4, 5, and 6. However, I can assure you that due to the overall nature and themes of Grand Theft Auto, no real-life brand, individual, or government official would willingly associate themselves with the actions portrayed in these video games, therefore Rockstar Games purposely gives everything a made up name and everything is based on a “satirical reimagined Southern California and surrounding wilderness”.

2 Likes

Moreover, I propose that newly registered users refrain from submitting any content to the releases section of both FiveM and RedM platforms for a minimum period of seven days following the creation of their accounts. This initial phase, analogous to infancy, aims to afford them ample opportunity to acquaint themselves with the community, its norms, guidelines, terms and conditions, and various other aspects. During this period, they would retain the ability to engage with the community, seek assistance, participate in discussions on release forums, exchange direct messages, and avail themselves of all other features on the site. However, they must essentially attain a predetermined level of trust, a prerequisite for accessing the release sections of the website.

1 Like

As far as i’m aware if you read how to become Trust level 2 (able to release on CFX releases) it says it takes 15 days minimum to achieve based on the documentation i’ve read.

1 Like