DinoCord - A Discord API Wrapper For Everyone 🦕

Hey! I have decided to make a Discord API wrapper called DinoCord! I have a discord server to help with support and might even make a few Youtube tutorials as well! I have made it in typescript and have got types for anyone using typescript but it also supports javascript, I have placed the links below for anyone intrested in using the libary:

NPM
Github
Docs

A Discord API Wrapper For Everyone :sauropod:

https://nodei.co/npm/dinocord.png?downloads=true&downloadRank=true&stars=true

NOTE: this is in very early beta! For support please join the discord server :smiley:

Docs: DinoCord Docs Thease can be ahead of the npm release! However the release will usually catch up quickly :incoming_envelope:

Installing

You can install DinoCord from npm with the following command:

npm i DinoCord 
yarn add dinocord

Example

Here is a basic example:

import { Client, StatusType, Token, PresenceType } from 'dinocord'

const client = new Client("TOKEN")

client.onReady(async (e) => {
    console.log(`Online as ${e.user.username}#${e.user.tag}`)
    client.setStatus("DinoBot!", StatusType.DND, PresenceType.PLAYING)
});

client.onMessage(async (e) => {
    console.log(`New Message: ${e.message.content} | With the id ${e.message.snowflake} | Sent by ${e.sender.snowflake}`);
    if(e.sender.snowflake != client.user.snowflake) {
        if(e.message.content.toLowerCase().includes('dinocord')) {
            e.reply(`<@${e.sender.snowflake}>, DinoCord is curently in a beta stage and isn't fully implimented!`)
        }
    }
});

client.login()

6 Likes

Looks like a really cool release! Cant wait to give this a try

Thanks! Hope you enjoy using it :smile:

What is it fr?

It lets you make discord bots in FiveM javascript resources. Its going to be simmilar to Discord.js and can be run outside of FiveM resources with NodeJS & Typescript

1 Like

Ohhh, I got it, Thank you por responding.

Hey, Just thought i’d bump this with the new fetures!

DinoCord now has built in command handling (optional) and after a re-write is still fast as ever!

Hopefully hore people can see this and it will help them in the future when discord kills support for the old way with the discord.js fork :slight_smile:

Nice release! I’ll be updating my resources to use DinoCord instead of Discord.js because of v11 breaking.