Custom Server-Sided Sirens ( 24 Slots ) [FREE]

Syme Robinson’s Server-Sided Sirens

This is an extremely simple datafile I modified to allow players to use server-sided sirens.

Tools Used for Creation ( NOT REQUIRED FOR REGULAR USERS )
Open-IV ( Tool > Hex Hash Generator ) - You need hashes of the names of .wav files when editing to .rel file ( police_wail not policewail.wav )

RageAudioTool - Used to extract .rel files to .xml files ( when going from .xml to .rel be sure to manually type the file extension in )

Notepad ++ - Used to modify the .oac files
Repl.it - https://replit.com/@symeRobinson/oac-printer#main.lua - Used to make the .oac file

Installation Instructions

1. Drag ‘svsirens-master’ to your resources directory
  2. Replace the files in ‘svsirens/dlc_svsirens/oac/custom_sirens’ with the sirens you want added
    IMPORTANT REMINDER
    The siren names must match what is already in the custom_sirens folder, you cannot drag my_siren.wav into the folder, the game will not recognize it. The sirens must be exactly as they are named already, such as ‘ambu_horn.wav’ or ‘police_wail.wav’
    Additionally, you must not remove any of the sirens that are un-used, keep them in the folder.
  3. Use OpenIV, turn on edit mode, import the .oac file into the same directory as the custom_sirens.awc file
  4. Configure luxart lighting to your liking!

Luxart Config Help
Look for

PlaySoundFromEntity(snd_lxsiren[veh], "VANILLA_SIREN", veh, 0, 0, 0)

This needs to be replaced TO

PlaySoundFromEntity(snd_lxsiren[veh], "POLICE_WAIL", veh, "DLC_SVSIRENS_SOUNDSET", 0, 0)

Change POLICE_WAIL for whatever siren you wish, repeat this process as many times as needed until all of your cars have the correct siren you want.

Watch this video for a better tutorial on department-specific sirens

Download Here : GitHub - symeRobinson/svsirens: Server-Sided sirens for FiveM
Discord Here : roblobster#0001

Leave :heart: is you enjoyed this, leave a comment for install help

8 Likes

Bro thank you very much for this

i will chek on my server and i will give you a feedback :grinning:

so does this sync with other players even if they are far away?

i remember a similar resource that had issues when you activated a siren and another player from far away came to you he heared the default gta siren.

This is not a script, it actually doesnt do anything other than add 24 new audio files to FiveM ( It’s just that to do so is quite complicated and requires a great deal of effort, which I just did for ya ).

You should install lux-vehcontrol and then begin to point the script to the new siren names.

All the sirens that are added will behave like vanilla sirens, they will just sound different.

1 Like

Looks like the Github link was incorrect - Should be updated now.

1 Like

So which file do you replace for the sirens to work as I have it installed and running them and still sound generic…LOVE THIS IDEA and cant wait to have it working

I am not able to get the soundpack loaded. I get no audio upon installation and luxart setup.

I’ve tried adding RequestScriptAudioBank(“DLC_SVSIRENS\CUSTOM_SIRENS”, false) to ensure the sound pack is being loaded before use.

I use a custom version of luxart however, neither it, nor the original release by Lt. Caine can get the audio to play. Does the default oac work as is or is there a size limitation?

Ayyyyy! That’s my video! :slight_smile: :blue_heart:

Same here. It doesn’t work for me either times.

I messaged the guy in the instruction video and he told me that my AWC file was 5.95x too big and that is most likely causing it, anyone know a fix or anything on how to fix this?

1 Like

I thought this might be the case. Sounds like the developer didn’t test this very well. Either you need really small tone files or separate chunks of tones into different audio banks similar to WM-ServerSirens implementation.

This is so bloody confusing. I installed walsheys perfectly fine but this is just so difficult

Just wondering how does this work with users having custom client sided ones, Will this override them?

OP request

It would if it worked

Works fine for me

Can you please expand on how you got it to work?

For example, I install, ensure, replace luxarts strings with either “POLICE_WAIL” or “PD_WAIL” and audioBank “DLC_SVSIRENS_SOUNDSET”. Yet I get no audio when toggling the siren.

How many depts did you setup? I setup the sirens for 3 depts total and it didnt work…

Just 1

Thats most likely why, if you add more than 2 then It wont work, pretty much making this release pointless since you could just use the original wmsirens