Crash After Entering Server, RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE (redm.exe+25ECD8B)

Crash After Entering Server right before selecting the character that I want to play as,
RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE (redm.exe+25ECD8B)

a game error (at 00000001425ecd90) caused RedM to stop working.

Game error. Please reboot and restart the game.

RDR2 version? RDR2 Online Standalone Build 1436.28
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Win 10 Enterprise 1909 64-bit
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-core 3.20 Ghz : RAM 32 GB : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
What did you do to get this issue?
Reinstalled RedM - was working previously but crashed sometimes
What server did you get this issue on?
The PRC - Roleplay
Latest CitizenFX_log file
CitizenFX_log_2021-10-01T185806.log (127.1 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs
b47e7d0e-76ae-4f7c-8ab2-5e9272edabb1.dmp (9.3 MB)

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder
E:\Games\RedM
RedM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes. Uninstalled AVG.
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes. Non Admin.

Also add what you already tried so far.
Have been playing for a 2 weeks on server before reinstalling (was experiencing instancing issues often and crashed often) so the server and game was working well before.

Tried setting graphics settings in xml for RedM - lower graphics and in windowed. Tried rebooting. Checked Driver Versions. Set GPU to high performance for RedM. Moved RedM from Roaming to same folder as RDR2.

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I am having THE exact same issue with the EXACT same server, oddly enough. I’ve been playing a different version for months on another server without a single issue, as well as FiveM without issue.
I have done the exact same things as s/he did ^ and continue to get the same error and crash. I’ve changed from Vulkan to DirectX12 back and forth trying that fix to no avail.

I might have found a workaround, I changed a bunch of settings in the system.xml for graphics or something similar. I will post you my xml text here for you to copy as soon as I get off work.

But I think it’s important to note for the devs that you’ve not had this problem on other severs, and neither have I or on Red Dead Online official

3 Likes

Yes, please post those changes! My previous server ran version 1366 (I think) and it was nearly flawless for me. PRC is using v1436 and that must have something to do with it. I looked for change logs to see what was different but couldn’t find them yet (at work currently). I look forward to your reply!

2 Likes

Hello!
Now having similar issues. Did you perchance get a chance to post the system.xml file somewhere and I missed it?
Thanks so much and sorry for the pester!

Hello! I posted it in a private message but I’ll drop it here for you and anyone in the future too, here’s the xml that I used to get it working for me with my nvidia card system.xml (4.5 KB)

Remember to back up your old one so you can revert if it doesn’t work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kindness and prompt response! I hope you have a fantastic day! :heart:

Where exactly do you have to save the System.xml?

AppData\Roaming\CitizenFX\rdr3_settings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.