Couldn't load resource chat 0_o

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up my server but for some reason when I try to load the default resource “chat” I get the “couldn’t load resource chat. :(” error.

F8 shows
"
citizen-resource-core Resource loading for chat failed:
citizen-resource-core Could not open resource metafile resoruces:/chat//__resources.lua.
citizen_resources_client GlobalError: Coudln’t load resource chat from resources:/chat/."
citizen-legacy-net-resources GlobalError: Couldn’t load resource chat. :("

Obviously there is no __resources.lua by default for the chat addon. Sooo where do I go from here?

I tried making an empty __resources.lua and no luck.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Thats simple, they dont use __resource.lua anymore.

https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data/tree/master/resources/[gameplay]/chat

they have been using fxmanifest for a while now, are u on an older version of the artifacts?

1 Like

I downloaded the latest release as far as I am aware. Is there a way to double check what version I got?

Edit: just redownloaded it, same issue :frowning:

Maybe just get the resources again instead of the artifacts ^.^

1 Like

didn’t work :(. What else do you think it can be?

1 Like

__resource.lua (1007 Bytes)

drop that into it.

6 Likes

im having the same issue and dropped the Recourse lua in ther but it still not working

Make sure you’re running the latest recommended artifacts

thats what im running but still nothing

2 Likes

Ive had this problem before, try using the latest server artifacts, or the latest recommended. Also delete the servers cache, and clone the default resources back into your resources folder. (Of course be sure to delete the old “stock” resources first.)

1 Like

I have the same problem and I can’t find a solution

1 Like

To start with I would see if the issue lies within human error. Meaning did YOU edit the Chat Script itself? No then it might be best to clear the servers Cache as mentioned by @JeffPolar You may also indeed download the Default Resources For FiveM. You could also go here to setup a server from the beginning and see if the chat works there. I had this issue for a while…

1. Close the server.
  2. Delete the Servers cache (Reboot may take a little longer depending on resources)
  3. Re-Install chat from THIS LINK

If the above don’t work you can make new server see if the chat works and then replace the resource.

• Serena K.

have you been able to solve the problem?

You have to wait for the server to start downloading the stuff it needs, afterwards the chat will restart

1 Like

Hello!

What I stated was meant for the older builds. And however sometimes the chat resource will still fail to load even after it downloaded what it needs. I personally had this happen to one of my development servers. After just re-downloading it it worked fine.

• Serena

i had a friend Copy his chat from his Old Server files and i replaced his with mine and it worked