Couldnt find resource, HELP!

I put a vehicle pack into my resources then did ensure (file name)
It says this now, and it says it will a few other scripts and stuff in my server what do i do .

If the server could not find a resource, it either does not exist or is missing some vital part (such as a __resource.lua or an fxmanifest.lua file)

Screenshot the inside of one of the resources that fail to be found

how do i make one?? the car pack didnt come with one

Ah, there you go. Each individual folder (that IS the resource) needs to contain an fxmanifest.lua , see here on how to make one:

that website makes no sense to me btw

Yeah, this folder is not a “resource” as such - it’s just an assortment of files at this stage. You will need to create an fxmanifest.lua in each of these folders to make them into resources and be able to load on your server.

idk how to make one, and the website u sent does not make sense

Let me create a mockup fxmanifest for your convenience:

fx_version 'cerulean'
games { 'gta5' }

files {
	'vehicles.meta',
	'carcols.meta',
	'carvariations.meta',
	'handling.meta'
}

data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'

still says couldnt find resource

The file needs to be called __resource.lua (two underscores), but the code I sent above will not work inside one. Make an fxmanifest.lua file, instead, and put what I wrote above in one.

they loaded! it just says they are using a lot of MB or whatever

If the vehicle is taking too much physical memory, that WILL lead to issues (mostly crashes lol). See this rather easy tutorial on how to downsize your models:

i need help… cant find my resourse folder…

1 Like

All have fx maniest files yet i still get that message pls help

How does this have anything to do with this topic? Post your own, although the issue you’re experiencing isn’t even an issue unless you know it causes something to not load - it just tells you that it cant find the files you’ve got defined in your fxmanifest. Also, you should really read some docs on how resources are supposed to be structured.

So yah they dont load ingame
And im new so im stilll figuing this stuff out