Constant FPS drops and stuttering

Since the update on July 4th, I’ve been getting massive stuttering. I will be done at 70-80 FPS, then it will stuttering to around 15 for a second or two, and then go back. This happens every 20 or so seconds.

I have a GTX 1080 and an i5 6600. I tried turning down the graphics to medium but it makes no difference. I tried with Vsync on and off, and playing in full screen and windowed borderless. Nothing helps. The FiveM server browser is also extremely laggy, I’m only getting 20 fps, when I would get 60+ before.

Did you try simply uninstalling and reinstalling FiveM?
It will ensure you don’t have corrupted files.

Yep, the issue still remains.

I’m going to say the usual boring response of making sure you are up to date on Windows and Nvidia drivers, also to verify gta files.

Same problem I have a GTX 1060 and Im still only getting 40 fps in fivem yet in GTA online I get 100 fps on max settings

@Ducker, please make sure you have Nvidia Shadowplay turned off, along with any other Nvidia overlay software. Also, like @zombieguy has stated, make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

Side Note: Do you have any plugins/mods installed in your GTAV directory or FiveM?

Not sure if this is the case for you but I was having the same issues, eventually I just spent 4 hours installing the creators update for Windows 10 and it fixed my problem.

1 Like

It was working fine with shadowplay before the update, and I was streaming with it. I turned off shadowplay and it didn’t help.
The only mod I had was a better lights mod, so when I reinstalled FiveM I booted it up with no mods installed and the issue remained.

I’m going to try that. Hopefully that fixes it, I will update when it’s done.

THANK YOU. Updating to the creators update fixed it!

How do you do this?

Thanks!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You understand this post is a few months old, right?

1 Like