Concerning Trends in FiveM

No I just said the group should be compiled of communities that have been around for x amount of time or who are above a certain threshold.

Community size is the easiest metric to go off of. We could go based on community age but that’s harder to verify as so many communities go through like 45 owner changes

Some way you have to widdle down the number because there are 10s of thousands of FiveM servers. 60% are like less than 100 people (total) probably (just guessing based on server list)

Also I am offended you even think I think like that lmfao :joy:

It should be by progress. If a server owner is active on the main Discord and forums by offering support, reporting issues and having general discussions with people of the FiveM community, only then should you really be considered into a smaller group, in my opinion.

Basing it off of the number of players or statistics is unfair, there are many smart, well-mannered and spoken server owners out there without the statistics.

1 Like

Some success is required here to have a say otherwise how do we know your ideas aren’t garbage?

You have a few measurable metrics. You can do a combo of both community size and age.

At the end of the day the take away is this.

1.) You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
2.) There will ALWAYS be a deficit of givers and a surplus of takers. (This goes with life in general).
3.) Money makes the world go round, the lights turn on, and the plate full of food.

Invest 5 years of your life for free and let me know how it works out for you. (You being anyone in general. Not speaking to anyone in specific.)

I’ve seen garbage servers with 10k players.

How do we know they’ll contribute to anything at all? What’s the point in having a discord full of server owners who will probably be inactive, complain about only their issues & only communicate when it suits them?

Active people are worth more than people with huge communities.

There are enough active server owners that qualify so I wouldn’t worry.

You’re also assuming on no basis.

I did, it’s my community. My community is net-negative by a lot. Been running it for 3 years at a deficit and for free.

Tell me again?

Again please read the whole conversation because it appears that you’re mistaking the goal. The goal is not to have FiveM not intake any money or even make a profit. It’s the methods are the issue. Just like any other game and micro-transactions. These are not that but they can be compared pretty close.

If I’m honest, this thread is really pathetic. There’s nothing wrong with monetization at all. It helps to incentivize people to create even more impressive resources. Sure, they could do it for free, but then server owners can profit off of using their resources? That’d be stupid. Money incentivizes people. Sure, there will be some scumbags here and there, but it’s not a bad thing.

Also, just because you run a huge server, no one cares. That’s cool, good for you. Keep running it how you want to. If you don’t support monetization, don’t take profit, just pay off server costs. Don’t buy paid scripts, use free ones. The choices are yours.

Your constant digs at bubble is exactly why developers quit projects or are tempted to quit them. People like you make the community terrible. You’re allowed to vocalize your opinion, but downright attacking and berating someone isn’t cool.

21 Likes

Agreed! 100%

1 Like

Ya, Badger is on to something. Money does create an incentive for developers to make high-quality content as they get money in return to further fund their projects. And many developers release paid and free resources. Some even release free scripts that you pay to get branding removed or a few extra features, but the free version is great. I mean the whole “you can make money from deving fivem” thing may also create an incentive for non-developers to get into developing, start releasing free things, do some paid stuff, and build themselves a community.

I mean, personally as a developer, scripts are not easy to make. We developers spend days, weeks, and sometimes months on projects to ensure they are well-rounded and of good quality. So, sometimes we want some income in return for our time. And most good developers release paid resources at pricing that is reasonable and makes sense for the item. Developing isn’t easy, it is time-consuming and sometimes stressful, and of course, developers know that and work through it, but sometimes it’s nice to get something in return. And there is no need to come here to attack developers for wanting to make something in return for everything they do. Of course, you can find some bad apples that release crap for way too much, but that is just what happens in the world.

If you just came here to voice things against FiveM itself, I would understand. FiveM is very monetization-heavy with the boosts and such, but they do have bills too. I mean it would be nice to see FiveM not be as restrictive with Zap / Tebex because those two got a monopoly on FiveM. And good competition in any business field is good for the consumer, but unfortunately, FiveM will be Fivem.

Overall, it is just a bit much to come to attack individual developers. We work so hard to make things for the community. And people like Badger and Faxes produce quality free content on top of the paid things they release. So just use the free things if you hate paid content so much. :smiley:

Oh ya, best wishes man, and no disrespect to anyone here,
– Agent BUB

3 Likes

Coming from someone who sells things now that used to be free. Guess my experiences make me “pathetic”.

You clearly failed to read anything and just commented whatever you wanted to make yourself look better. Count how many times I defended DB and say that again.

lmfao. He has every right to sell his resources, and monetize them, if that is what he want’s to do. Not your discretion, not mine, not anyone’s but his.

1 Like

Please stop talking because you are missing the point. He can OBVIOUSLY do whatever the heck he wants. This is an opinion that has circulated around in private DMs from many people. I just brought it to the open because it needs to be public.

1 Like

Then why are you treating, and describing him, as if he is in the wrong for doing so?

You clearly don’t feel that he should have a right to monetize his content

1 Like

Who are you to clarify what the majority of people is or isn’t? You claimed above that the “minority of people” and such statements. How can you clarify this. Do you have any actual statistics to back this up at all?..

Sure, but you’re also claiming that the platform is a money grab. It’s fair for the FiveM developers to make money. They made all of this possible. There should be no issues with boosts or burst boosts. It’s their platform. If you don’t want to buy something, don’t buy it. You have a choice. Crying on the forums isn’t a wise one.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, in the end its not up to me. They can do whatever they want. Its the sentiment that me and other community members feel like the money is causing issues.

Either way, discuss what you want. I said all I care to say.

Again no I didn’t stop putting words in my mouth. I said it looks like a pure money grab. Apparently having an opinion is crying on the forums. Also its not about “buying or not buying” when you are being forced to basically pay to have success. Now I am done arguing but the things you have said lowered your credibility more because its not abundantly clear you did not read it fully.

Go re-read the first post AGAIN