Chat Script Modification Question

Hello fellow human beings on a giant rock floating through the 4 Dimensional space and time chart we call space. I have been very happy with Nat2k15’s chat script: GitHub - NAT2K15/fivem-chat: Edit of the main fivem chat script

One issue I would like to address though is the font being difficult to read during the FiveM server’s daytime since it removes the default chat’s blue background. I would like to add a 1 or 2 pixel black border around all of the letters and numbers in chat. I know this is CSS, but I have no idea where i need to modify or what exactly to put to make it have a small border around the characters. Any help would be appreciated!

Not allowed to discuss that here, since releases of modified base resources is not allowed.

That’s not exactly the case,
Continuing the discussion from Releases Rules and FAQ:

Users may not RELEASE default resource replacements, specifically on the CFX forum. There is no indication that these resources may not be discussed/helped with.

As an answer to the OP’s question, if I understand it correctly, you can use this website Text border using css (border around text) - Stack Overflow specifically the section that mentions “text-stroke” and attempt applying a text stroke value to your .css

Something like that should be fine to add to the main * section I believe, but you may have to do testing on where exactly it should go.

Yes, I found out how to do it already. However, it looks terrible with the default font unless you increase the size of the words a lot so I just scratched the project for now. Thanks though!

1.) What size font is used and did you test different stroke sizes?
2.) Did you attempt the uhhhmm I forget the exact name but the shadow boxes?

I don’t remember because it looks terrible with the default font, but yes, the text border does work. You might have luck with it looking decent if you change the font to a slightly thicker one.

I don’t remember because it looks terrible regardless of the font size with the default font, but yes, the text border does work. You might have luck with it looking decent if you change the font to a slightly thicker one.

I have no desire to look into any of this, I was just giving you things to test.