Change or remove tabs that serve no purpose in the pause menu

Following tabs have completely no use in FiveM:

• INFO
  • STATS
  • GALLERY

They just look like some sort of leftover stubs that needlessly clutter the interface. Either provide an API that would allow to customize and make use of these tabs or remove them.

ROCKSTAR EDITOR I’m not entirely sure about. The ‘LAlt’ key that the editor tells you to use to record clips seems to have no effect in FiveM client (misleading ui is worse than none at all) and the rest of the editor is useless without recorded clips.

1 Like

This.
The stats page could still be useful for someone wanting to use the default GTA stats in their server.

Huh?

Info: shows past briefs/subtitles if they’re used. That servers you play on don’t use such doesn’t mean that it “serves no purpose”.
Stats: shows stats for the current session, will be changed in the future to store stats for all sessions, but as server owner you can do that already too using STAT_* natives.
Gallery: is used and is tied to the Snapmatic section on the forums.

Clip recording works fine on servers that have scripts for it, we won’t force these as it’ll lead to users complaining. Same goes for a photo capture script.

All of these are used and bound to real data fine, so removing wouldn’t make much sense and there’s already APIs to make use of them.

Would it be possible to restate your request in a less assuming way?

4 Likes

I’ll try to…

This is an argument for hiding it by default and allowing optional display for servers that wish to make use of it.

Stats like kills, income, deaths from players might not be relevant for great many servers. Customizable data for this page could be nice though.

Would make sense to only show it when you play on a server that uses this kind of scripts.

1 Like

That’d be breaking compatibility as then server scripts would have to explicitly opt-in.

Determining that would be equivalent to solving the halting problem, except ‘determining if a script will ever call the recording native’. Sadly, scripts don’t directly advertise what they will eventually call, or that they are for recording.

actually Fivem has the dialogue section of the brief menu commented out from the pausemenu :frowning:

I’m sorry for not being clear enough.

What I wanted to say here is that I think this is a reason enough to just flat out hide the editor panel and let the owners of the servers that use this kind of scripts worry about how to bring it back.

1 Like

That’s cool, I didn’t know it.

What if we could leave it there by default, and have natives to hide them?

I think it would be very nice to be able to decide what stats to show there; it would make servers feel more integrated with the game.