Cfx.re Roadmap progress update: January 2020

Dayum, people are happy as usual.

2 Likes

Is there any information what fxports was supposed to be ?

1 Like
  • Anti-cheat stuff isn’t a thing we care about anymore, and nobody reported runnable, working cheats anyway, so why even try?
  • Nobody even bothered to report any new bugs/etc. either, instead acting the same as always.
  • PRs? They’re shit anyway. Merged a few though but honestly Git is a pile of crap and fuck merges into highly modified local working trees.

Right, so it’s our fault, then? Back to you, FiveM :smiley:
Oh and by the way, you are probably the only developing team, who gets a lots of money from their community, when we wanna get paid for what we do (develop resources), you don’t allow that…
And the first thing you do, you blame us. Thanks a lot.

8 Likes

I mean, the only way they can block cheats is if someone sends them the files + the activation code that usually comes with one. If people don’t provide that, there’s nothing they can do.

Hi, first, thanks for your work on the project ! I don’t understand why force updates on everyone is a problem ? Can someone explain me/us ? (but I understand why it is difficult to support multiple game versions)

NotGigo,

thanks for the answer.
It’s still not our fault. Please, kicking around like a baby crying and blaming us for it? Not the right way, I guess.
And about the commerce, yeah, I read that, but this “no idea when” and not allowing at all is something different. Why is it banned anyway?

Which ‘it’ are you replying to, even? Cheats? Are you implying these existing is our fault, then? Is it our fault we don’t have access to every private cheat in existence to block them?

Different from… what exactly? Also this discussion has been had multiple times, but it comes down to ‘a regulated market is better than a wild west where everyone sells everything everywhere blatantly’.

It says exactly in the post: ‘too many regressions’.

I never said it’s your fault. Any update you do is appreciated, I just don’t get your post, which actually sounds like “hey, it’s your fault, do more”. That’s how it sounds to me and I don’t think, that’s right. That’s all. (that’s why it got offensive btw)

Blockquote Anti-cheat stuff isn’t a thing we care about anymore, and nobody reported runnable, working cheats anyway, so why even try?

To be 100% honest every single public server I’ve played on since september has had constant invasions on a daily basis of players using mods and fucking up servers, once those servers started using Tokovoip the trolling went from 10 modders per day to 0 because they’re too lazy to install TS and toko voip to play on a server. The only server i’ve seen use an anticheat had a problem where the AC would kick players using an xbox controller because it thought they were scripting while driving cars. Toko has been a massive daily server life change with one of the best side effects to ever exist.

1 Like

Well I used to dev on a very popular public server and it has an amazing anticheat that detected and autobanned/kicked 95% of hackers. It’s very possible to make proper anticheats yourself without FiveM having to do anything.

2 Likes

They don’t care. They only care about new ways to make everything under them. It’s unfortunate.

I must say that I’m with @Hawaii_Beach on this one.

Even tho, I was randomly banned from Hawaii’s his Discord somehow, no idea why. Happened right after I wrote a long message about that I really liked his work.

I can only agree with everything being said. If ESX is so shit, then why is it that almost every vRP script is somehow ripped of from an ESX resource, haah. It is seriously messed up we even have this damn discussion. vRP or ESX, who cares, both lua.

It makes me badly sick to my stomach that this community is so entoxicated with hate speech that it can end up being the actual end of FiveM.

I really have no idea why people are flaming FiveM for example for a 1 hour downtime or something else pitty shit. I guess that the people blaming FiveM have absolutely no idea what kinda work and how much it requires. It takes a fuck-ton of time and when you are done and want to update it, yes of course there is god damn chance of it being a clusterfuck, and that is NOT the time to provoke or flame FiveM, everyone is frustrated and I think that FiveM is as well.

Report problems, stay positive and help FiveM with motivation, that is the community’s job, our responsibility, but please stop all the bitching.

And @Hawaii_Beach , get me unbanned from you Discord, please? :thinking:

@nta I have a lot of experience with both PR and coding professionally. I would be glad to help, but I have no idea where and how to search or apply for this? Can you guide/direct me?

I mean why do the fivem devs cry over it? It’s the internet and obviously not the only “community” this happens to. These devs have to learn not to cry and shut down their entire life because people spam their discord.
Honestly I dont understand why they even have a discord, if they only had like an IRC channel I there would be less lost people roaming around. I’ve even though of replacing the ESX discord with it.

Without fivem doing anything? Really? It’s been the same since over two years ago and the modding situation has just gotten worse.
I’ve seen over the years that most servers are forced to go whitelist due constant server attacks by doing whatever, and with wl it requires players to sign up and apply for wl for every fucking server. Going wl kills population and has never been a good experience for end users.

FiveM have to do something about this situation, but it’s so common now and I don’t ever think it’ll be resolved. I know it’s constant job to track down these cheats but the devs are trying to - I guess it’s too much work? I don’t know why it’s so easy for these people to find a hole in fivem code all the time, y’all gonna take it offensive but this game’s anti cheat is flawd.

Pretty much all I keep saying, if you make it a requirement for the user to do something externally you’ll see a large amount of script kiddies just never join your server.

Personally I’d rather see the FiveM Dev team take a rest and come back fresh, there has been a lot of crazy things happening lately and hell they deserve a 6 pack, a solid meal, and some one to pass them the remote.

1 Like

WTF did i just read… Sounds like you guys are giving up… oof

1 Like

You chose to comment on the last sentence of my post instead of the beginning of it which is more important. Like I said, it was a public server with an anticheat that worked. entityCreated is a very powerful event that people need to learn how to use and they can stop a whole lot of problems. And then not being brain dead and doing dumb shit in client scripts helps too. The majority of the flaws that hackers take advantage of are things that the server owners/developers are responsible for.

Yea like spawning 100000 blimps within a microsecond that dont even register in the entityCreated event over everyones heads, that’s totally something fivem dont need to fix.

They do, however. If in some scenario they don’t, it’s a bug, and why did you not report it other than 6 messages into a ranty argument?

2 Likes

Well that’s what ive heared, thought it was known already??? Havent tested it myself