Can't move unless I hold down ALT

Hey guys, I am in need of some help. I have been trying to get my FiveM server to work, and I have succeeded somewhat.
The problem I am having is that whenever I try to join my server and spawn in, like 90% of the time my character won’t move at all (He can punch and look around just fine). I found out earlier today that if I hold down Left ALT while trying to walk around with WASD it works which obviously isn’t optimal.

I talked to one of the guys who helped code the server I downloaded and he told me it was a problem with FiveM’s newest update (If I understood correctly). He also told me that there was a fix for it, but for some wierd reason he didn’t want to tell me what the fix was.

The server is running on gamebuild 2189

Have any of you guys experienced this problem and found a fix? or do you have an idea of how I might be able to fix it.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

That’s a satisfying solution to blame someone else.

No other server has reported this, so unless there’s actual proof, I would not believe this. First, run your server with the default resources as per the server.cfg example.

Even more suspicion that he’s just using this as an excuse for being lazy to look at it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He seemed very weird and had a bad attitude towards me the hole conversation, so I definetely could see it being on his end. He also kept blaming one of the other developers of the serverbuild.
I’ll try running the server with default cfg.
You think I have to go download the normal config somewhere?
as I said, it is a serverbuild I downloaded so the server.cfg is also custom.

I can send you a picture of the server.cfg that I downloaded with the server if you want to look at it for me.

Here, I am not very good at all this. But I appreciate you for even replying :smiley:

omg what is this :face_vomiting: first of all your start.bat makes it so txadmin doesnt start so remove +exec server.cfg and anything after that

then add +exec resource.cfg (new line) sv_enforcegamebuild 2189 to your cfg

then go to https://localhost:40120/auth and follow the instructions. Once that is done go to settings tab on txadmin and click fxserver and turn on onesync infinity. After that just restart server and you should be good to go

Should probably run the server with the default CFG first > compare it > update your current one (it looks outdated)

A far as I can see you also don’t even start one sync, which you should be, though it’s unrelated to your problem.

What probably happened is there’s a thread running that disables WASD unless left all is pressed. Your best bet is to stop resources 1 by 1 until you notice which one it’s in unless you can search your entire server folders for threads.

This is why having your server on GitHub is good since you can see commits and trace it down instead of relying on incompetent “devs” to document their own self created issues which they seem to be unwilling to do.

also your server.cfg can be as simple as:

endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"
sv_maxclients 48
set steam_webApiKey "none"
sets tags "changeme, chnage me"
set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189
sv_hostname "Change me pls"
sv_licenseKey ""
sets locale "en-US" 

## These resources will start by default.
ensure mapmanager
ensure chat
ensure spawnmanager
ensure sessionmanager
ensure hardcap
## Add system admins
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.fivem:778013 group.admin

Be honest with me: Where did you buy this? Is it supposed to be “NoPixel”? For how much did you buy this?

If you bought it from someone, this can be extremely illegal and cause you and the seller a lot of legal issues.

I didn’t buy it. I just searched for “nopixel type server files”. I think it is an attempt of a remake of nopixel.
Downloaded it for free

1 Like

Thank you for the help, I did everything you wrote, except for following the instructions on https://localhost:40120/auth, because for some reason, when I just open the server with the start.bat, I can’t open https://localhost:40120/auth. It says that it is unable to connect…

After changing the cfg to the one you send and adding +exec resource.cfg and sv_enforcegamebuild 2189, I joined the server twice where it let me move around normally, but when I tried a third time it wouldn’t let me move without holding down ALT. (I got very hopeful after being able to move twice in a row xD)

Would you mind if I added you on discord so it would be a little easier to communicate?

EDIT: I created a copy of the server and changed the things you said in there, but forgot to change the address on my start.bat and run.cmd. So actually now that I have fixed that and after changing the server.cfg to what you can see on the picture I attached further down. the server says that I haven’t set the sv_licensekey, which I have? have I done it wrong?

My server.cfg and start.bat and run.cmd now looks like this:

They didn’t buy it since there is a repo of it containing stolen code/maps and numerous other things. (Which they linked here

1 Like

Hm, don’t know why, but I responded to your reply about being able to search for the thread that is causing my problem but it has disappeared for some reason.
I wrote:
I am very new to this gta server stuff, so if you don’t mind, could you tell me how I can search for the thread that is causing me not to move.
It is not only WASD I can’t use unless ALT is pressed, I can’t use any of the keys on my keyboard(other than F8 for the FiveM console).

Truth be told I don’t think you’re going to get additional support for this issue since the base you’re using is composed of stolen code. You’re better off install plume through txadmin or creating your own framework.

I mean, the devs have written that it has been a project of their own, and that they haven’t stolen any code (if you believe that). I only want this server so me and my friends can play, not to make it public. But I fully understand why you wouldn’t want to help fix a stolen server build. If it wasn’t because I was only using the server for myself and a few friends I wouldn’t use it either.

heres something you can do Plume ESX tutorial 2021! - YouTube a basic esx server thats easy to expand + you can join txadmin dicsord for support

1 Like

That’s still using stolen code. Anyone caught using this may get their server blocked. If someone steals a car and you use the car, doesn’t mean that it’s allowed because “I didn’t originally steal it”

Anyway, can’t give help for stolen content.

1 Like

I had same issue, i fixed it a few days ago.
I just opened steam and uninstalled “Source SDK Base 2007”
Enterded FiveM server and the it showed my registration panel end everything works well.