[Canary/b2372] Client side plugins do not work after random update

Hello. When b2372 first went to canary, everything worked and I tested it for a whole day which was on the 26th. the next day, My trainers wouldn’t work like lambda and simple trainer and the other plugins I had. I made sure it wasn’t just my test server and turns out after a little testing, it is definitely the canary version of FiveM that is stopping my plugins from working. I know something similar just happened with NVE like this where it stopped working after a random fix for something else idk. Would really like my trainers back up so I can get back into the fun of the new build.

Client plugins like trainers are blocked unless they explicitly declare compatibility with newer game builds as people hit random issues as a result of out of date plugins.

Not a bug, therefore: ask the maintainers of these trainers to add the game build support entry to their .rc files.

But why did it work with FiveM until just yesterday, not even when it first came out to canary. Simple trainer just updated so ill see if they added the entry.

Never mind I just realized what you are saying lmao thank you.

1 Like

… because before that, this blocking wasn’t added yet? It was only added after people reported bugs caused by unsupported plugins.

You know man, this all makes a lot more sense now lmao thanks.

Don’t mean to keep wasting your time with this, but I talked to the maintainer of simple trainer and this is what he said

“It seems a simple call to get_label_text on fivem, crashes, so I cannot do anything here, not going to remove the functionality that works perfectly fine everywhere else. You need to address this to the fivem people. I find it amazing, that valid native calls don’t work on fivem.”

I don’t know what this means.

what other menu works to spawn them in ?

1 Like

This statement about _GET_LABEL_TEXT is a complete nonsense. First of all, there’s bunch of other plugins that use this native and it works fine: Menyoo, LambdaMenu as an example. Secondly, I tested it myself right now and it works too. I’m not going to guess what wrong this person did, but blaming other people for not being able to call a “valid native” is a bit wrong, especially given the fact that there’s tons of other plugins that use this native.

The example below is just to demonstrate that this native works in FiveM.

SET_TEXT_CENTRE(true);
SET_TEXT_SCALE(1.0f, 1.0f);
SET_TEXT_DROPSHADOW(1, 0, 0, 0, 200);
SET_TEXT_COLOUR(255, 255, 255, 255);
SET_TEXT_FONT(1);

auto text = _GET_LABEL_TEXT("CMOD_BUM_0");
BEGIN_TEXT_COMMAND_DISPLAY_TEXT("STRING");
ADD_TEXT_COMPONENT_SUBSTRING_PLAYER_NAME(text);
_DRAW_TEXT(0.7f, 0.7f);

Even Older versions of the plugins DO NOT WORK! Nothing loads into the game from my plugins folder. Idk what to do. (This only started happening when the support for b2372 came out on canary and then today on the release channel)

Use 1604/2060.

It’s possible to add the required information to the .asi file yourself, without needing to recompile it:

This will get your plugins to load on newer gamebuilds, but it doesn’t address any issues those plugins might have with those gamebuilds, so use with caution.

3 Likes

Thank youuuuu

1 Like

I did this for my menyoo.asi file and it still is giving me the error in my F8 log…