Can someone help with server?

Ok, I’m new to running a fivem server and I’m having some issues with my server that apparently nobody knows how to fix, including me. I bought a script and got hosted (likely my first mistake there), so I got an ESX server going. This was 3 weeks ago. As of 2 days ago, I finally got the chance to get onto my server for the first time. After finding a TON of things needing changed with the server, I got the changes made, however, there are 2 issues that no matter how hard I look for a solution, nobody seems to know, or can help. So I’m just asking, can someone who is competent with servers, please help me in getting these last 2 things fixed so I can finally start doing things with my server?

Issues I’m having is I can’t get my chat resource to work. It’s giving me an error and I’m not sure how to fix it. The error it’s throwing at me is

SCRIPT ERROR in call ref: Error: Cannot find module ‘html-webpack-plugin’

I was told to fix that I need to run npm install --production in my console for the server, but it’s not working and telling me invalid command.

The second issue I’m having is I can’t get my es_admin2 to work. I can pull up the menu, but can’t use any of the options that are available. They are there but not clickable. I have set myself as admin in my server.cfg, and all the other configs/resources ect, look right, but yet, still won’t work. So as of right now, I can’t do anything in game administratively, but the small things in vMenu. Hope this helps a little more for everyone.

It would be great if you listed your issues in your original post that way other developers / forum members can actually help you try and resolve the issue and see if it’s not a duplicate of what is already being asked… There-for I ask you to list your issues so we can find the correct answer.

Regards,
Nicole

Ok I will edit my first post and list my issues.

Hey,
So for the first error maybe try to reinstall/Update the server?

And For the second problem, in my opinion you should replace EasyAdmin2 with krz_personalmenu. Anyway have you tried to set yourself as a administrator in the server.ctg ?

If you need any further help or you have questions feel free to text me or reply! :slight_smile:

Regarding your chat resource you should be able to take a look at this post I made a while back.

It should still apply the same regardless.

I personally don’t use easyAdmin2 but the config should be around the same.

add_ace group.moderator easyadmin.player.kick allow             # allow kicking
add_ace group.moderator easyadmin.player.spectate allow         # allow spectating
add_ace group.moderator easyadmin.player.teleport allow         # allow teleportation
add_ace group.moderator easyadmin.player.slap allow         # allow slapping 
add_ace group.moderator easyadmin.player.freeze allow           # allow freezing

Taken from: Configuring Permissions - EasyAdmin
Just make sure you have yourself set as the appropriate group using.

add_principal identifier.steam:YOURIDHERE group.moderator 

Best regard

1 Like

Sorry for the delay and ignorance on this part, have been ill and unable to get to this for a few days. I do have a question about the chat re-install. I see it’s on github, and in the readme there are instructions in there. Do I add the source code into my server.cfg to update it or do I have to download each source code individually and re-upload to reinstall my chat? I’m somewhat new to this stuff so I’m doing my best to learn as I go.

I see a lot of people don’t use easy admin, so do you recommend I uninstall it and install with something different?

I got the chat to work, had to use a different chat resource to make it work as the default kept having issues. I also removed es_admin and am now using krz_personalmenu, however, its not recognizing me as an admin. So it’s basically useless too…