Can someone help with getting this Custom Scaleform tutorial project to build properly please?

I have been trying to build the custom scaleform project on this page [HOW-TO] [TUTORIAL] Create your own scaleform using Flash + GFxExporter

No matter what I try, I cannot get it to build with the _Packages folder in the swf. The tutorial author said it is a classpath problem but no matter what settings I use for classpath, it still won’t build with _Packages included. I have tried a relative classpath and an absolute classpath but with no success. I have rebuilt the project from scratch three times now to make sure I am following the instructions properly and it is always the same result.

If I download the NativeUI project linked on that page, I can get that to build fine with the exact same relative classpath that fails for that tutorial project. You can see my posts on that page showing the side-by-side comparison of both projects and their repsective settings.

I have provided a link to my project on Google Drive in case anyone can possibly help. Thank you in advance to anyone that can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cm94X_0PtbMej8fd-XzbRvkjI7UKvrmh/view?usp=sharing

the problem in your project is that you didn’t call your GuideScaleform.as correctly… the class is GUIDESCALEFORM so your .as file must be called GUIDESCALEFORM.as, once that is done… you’ll have some compilation errors about missing properties inh BaseScriptUI… simply add them like this

and voilà!

1 Like

I never even considered that the case of the filename had to match the case of the class name. I guess I am too used to C# where there is no connection between the case of the class name and filename. This is what 15 years of forgetting things does to you. :frowning_face:

I had those var statements in initially and then when I saw the game’s BaseScriptUI.as didn’t have them, I thought mine had to match that.

Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Hello
I would like to know if there is more recent software that allows you to do it’s own scaleform.
Thank you in advance for the answers