Can not connect FiveM to CFX account (either through login or web auth)

Environment questions

GTA V version: Up to date, build 2545
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1586
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: Ryzen 7 CPU, Radeon 6700XT GPU
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): No crash occuring
**logs/CitizenFX_log files:**N/A Log files don’t contain any information regarding trying to login through the launcher.
.dmp files/report IDs: No crashes.

If you can’t start the game at all (not applicable)

GTA V folder screenshot: N/A
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot: N/A
Filepath to FiveM folder: N/A
FiveM client folder screenshot: N/A
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Windows Defender
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
Ever since CFX went down yesterday, I have been unable to connect to my CFX account through the launcher. By default, the FiveM Launcher automatically has a popup that requests you to login, though it is optional. When I try to login I get an error saying “Error logging in - Try again later”

When I try to connect my CFX account through the web authorization button, FiveM gives me the following error after I press authorize “Authentication failure connecting to Cfx.re account.”

What are you trying to do?

Connect my FiveM client to my CFX account.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

Reinstall.

Error screenshot (if any):

Error from trying to login with my credentials:

Error from trying to connect VIA web auth:

What did you do to get this issue?

Nothing. Started when CFX went down

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!

This is an issue that occurs prior to connecting to any servers, though I play on NoPixel.

Additional comments

Just looking for help getting logged in.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

EDIT: I got it to work. I use a VPN and I changed some settings around and it worked again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.