Can I start GTA5 on local server without txAdmin?

Environment questions

GTA V version: 2372
Up to date: Reverted to 2372 and staying there forever
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? nope
System specifications:
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Ryzen 9 3900X
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2 x 16GB)
GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
Corsair RMx Series RM850x
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB
WD Gold 1TB
WD Red 6TB
Fractal Define 7 Case
Asus Monitor PB278Q 2560 x 1440
Corsair K70 RGB MK2 Keyboard
Logitech Pro Wireless Mouse

What are you trying to do?
I have absolutely zero use for txAdmin other than to push the button to start my game after starting my local only server. Can I bypass this txAdmin step and start the game by passing a parameter to the FXServer.exe. I have exactly 2 days experience with FiveM. I know how to mod GTA5 inside out. Thanks.

Edited for clarity.

Follow the vanilla guide on Setting up a server - Cfx.re Docs to setup a server without txAdmin

Uh? How are you going to play FiveM without the FiveM client?

Hi. I guess what I’m trying to do wasn’t clear. I still need the client, but all I do in the client is hit the button for my local server. That’s it, that’s all. I’m trying to remove that step, not the client.

For example, I have a batch file, that opens Steam, enters my credentials, and starts GTA5 in story mode. No manual login to Steam, no manual login to Rockstar, not clicking on GTA5. One click and it loads. Would like to do the same with Client. Start my server and I"m in the game.

Create a shortcut to your FiveM.exe and add +connect localhost[:port] or use fivem://connect/whatever[:port] as shortcut

Perfect! Thank you so much, such a simple solution but Google was not my friend.

Target for shortcut:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.exe +connect localhost

(port was not required)

Cheers

Sorry for bumping this topic but as a forum member and someone who googled this issue and landed on this page, I wanted to share this: THE VANILLA GUIDE ON THE FIVEM SERVER SITE STILL INCLUDES TXADMIN. I don’t think this was intentional but, here we are. I too tried to install vanilla as I didn’t want anything “phoning home” without me knowing, and txadmin AKA “monitor” is encrypted to all hell and has random calls I’m not a fan of…so imagine my surprise when my “vanilla fivem” came installed with txadmin complete with ZAP HOSTING advertisements up and down the panel. accident im sure.

edit @CritteR
in regards to the “phoning home” I was being hyperbolic but I get you on the license key verification check. I was being facetious about the advertisements for zap

I appreciate your reply though and clarifying the distinction of what it NEEDS to do (I’m aware of the tx admin 30120 default port and the serverlist you mentioned (30110) , etc and I don’t want to mislead the public on anything.

In regards to the Vanilla still containing txadmin, I definitely admit I overlooked the ‘create your own shortcut’ step but, let me share with you briefly my experience, as well as my partners experience:

When first learning how to make a FiveM server, of course you want to test a dev server. so i spun up a VM and gave it a whirl. I Followed the guide. had txadmin. wanted to try vanilla build, so I followed the steps and was surprised to see txadmin still there. Doublechecked the guide (missed the shortcut lol) and then asked a friend of mine to give it a shot too. I gave him a FRESH windows install so my previous attempt wouldn’t mess his up. He too, had txadmin on there. This is what I discovered after the fact; When you download the fxserver files, it includes txadmin by default, whether you click on vanilla or txadmin or zap guide. The path of the TXADMIN is server.7z\citizen\system_resources\monitor - inside of the zip/extracted files. The next mistake that happened was, (and now I know, but if you are 100% NEW going into this like I was and my friend was, others I guarantee you have made the same mistake and the docs should be more…distinctive.) but the next issue is even if following the guide for vanilla, it tells you to create a server.cfg (Use this example) it says so one would copy and paste from the example and fill in the values they can figure out is applicable to them. IE: server name. Ports. SQL login. etc. AND combined with ABOVE = TXMOD created inadvertently.

Don’t want to bump this again but look at it from a complete noob point of view and see how it can happen. the files should not include monitor in them and/or the example cfg should be different for the vanilla guide / don’t even show / reference the txadmin steps or just provide a empty server.cfg with the base values that need to be filled prefilled with notes or something.

It… doesn’t? Setting up a Vanilla FXServer - Cfx.re Docs
Instead of opening the .exe, you have to create a .bat file. This won’t open txadmin, and afaik, won’t show you “ZAP HOSTING advertisements” either.

That won’t happen. The server needs to “phone home” to verify your license key. Without that verification, the server won’t know if you are allowed to have more than 48 player slots, or access to clothing streaming, or access to resources that are encrypted by Escrow, etc, etc, etc.

The server pings keymaster to validate your license, and regulary pings the serverlist to… you know… update your server info… on the list…