Brighter Police Lights

Hello all, so I am in need of some help…
I have been on some FiveM servers and seen police cars with crazy bright and wide light reflections.
I have played with my carcols.meta and carvariations.meta and I cannot seem to increase the reflection or brightness of the police sirens.

Can someone please let me know how far off am I from finding this.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

u need a better visualsettings.dat and turn ur in game settings above high for POST FX and shadow quality

I highly recommend “Custom Visuals”.
http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/12499-custom-visuals/

Thanks guys, but I am looking to stream this into my server.
I know it can be done, the question is how.

Thanks so much tho, hopefully I can find that answer.

Far as I am aware, visualsettings.dat and carcols.ymt only work client side.

i want to know that to i have tried it before but it crashed me i might test it again i don’t know if you can stream these i know you can stream meta files

1 Like

carvariations.meta works for clientside aswell!

Yes I understand we can stream meta’s, my question is can any of the settings in these .metas like carcols or carvariation effect the reflection or brightness of the police siren?
There are plenty of servers that have what they call ELS lighting and its BRIGHT as ****. This is what I am looking for.

Thanks

1 Like

carcols does it controls the lights settings and reflections/coronas

Thanks Ganja, so I have played around with different settings in carcols.meta and streaming it. only thing I have been able to do is make the headlights stronger/brighter… I just cannot find what settings make that crazy reflection… Servers list it as ELS style lighting, I just cant seem to find it.

i think cody is doing that with his server but idk if its up or not. but u can try different sirensettings , and try to stream a visualsettings.dat or put it client side to improve it for yourself on all servers

possible to stream .dat files? what about anything in defaulkt ELS like the POLICE.xml to stream it? Wondering if that is possible with some tweaks

1 Like

not sure about the xmls i do that client sided cuz its not supported but im sure there is a way

1 Like

i am not sure exactly i have always wondered that too!

1 Like

wondering if you figured this out. Thanks.

1 Like

I have found the hsgcars file on here a while ago and looking in the carcols and carvariation files they are much different then the norm.
It actually says encrypted.
And all those cars in that pack have crazy bright lights with crazy reflections.
The question I have is how?

Vehicle Devs can make the lights brighter in z3d, HSG uses EVL which is their own custom lighting system

2 Likes

That’s a necro if I ever saw one… :smiley:

However since this actually is one of the first google results that come up when looking on how to make police lights brighter I’ll just leave this here:

Hi ! Deziel0495 I just wandering where i should put file carcols.ymt to in my FiveM folder

You are replying to a 4 year old post so it’s unlikely he’ll reply. If you have the same problem as OP you can check the link I’ve put in just the post over yours :smiley: