Blips disappear on map when moving the map

Hi, i have a bug when i move my map the blips disappear after a short distance, tried the shortrange option and set it to true but then the blip is visible the whole time and on the mini map too, changed the map but it didnt help, i hope someones knows a fix.

1 Like

Delete some map signs and check for plug-in conflicts!

The disappearing blips may be set to short range. The native SetBlipAsShortRange handles this. You’ll have to go through every resource that produces a blip and toggle it to ‘false’. If you use an editor like VS Code or Notepad ++ you can search all files in your resource folder for that native and it will save you time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have tried to set it to true but then you can see the blips all the time even if you scrolled to the top of the map but the blip is all the way down

Yeah, it’s one of those crazy things. If you want a nice, detailed map, then something has to give, eh?

Blips have been a strange obsession for me on my dev server. I want an informative yet simple UI. So I have been experimenting.

Things that I have a lot of are set short range. Things like gas stations, AI mechanics, rental property, garages. I’m considering adding more.

I also changed all but a few of the blips to a scale of 0.6. the exceptions are those blips that either look terrible that small or are very important (like DMV or City Hall).

You can also change the alpha (transparency) of certain blips. You can hide some from the legend, too. I have some things like black market spots, hidden tunnels or other things I want players to explore and discover marked with a tiny, short range, nearly transparent, unlisted question mark. Just enough to pique curiosity.

I’ll be doing more experimenting with:

SetBlipScaleTransformation
SetBlipShrink
SetBlipHighDetail
SetBlipBright
SetBlipSecondaryColor
SetBlipFlashes
SetBlipFade
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.