Basic Aces & Principals overview/guide

OH THANK GOD!
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS INFORMATION TO CONFIRM MY ERROR FOR DAYS!

excuse the caps…
i’m excited… you just gave me semi-wood.
<3 Vespura!

Is there a way to get all of the existing principals in lua?

Hi there, im new in scripting and fivem overall and i have a ace in my server which allows all players to set themself superadmin and i dont know how to find it or remove it? any quicker ways then going through every file 1 by 1?
pizdamatii

So, I’m attempting something along these lines. Unfortunately, it doesn’t trigger the part for moderators… Funny thing is that moderator is set correctly, because it works fine with vMenu restrictions on the same server.

Any idea what I did wrong?

if IsPlayerAceAllowed(source, "admin") then
        TriggerClientEvent("esx_admin:admincheck", source)
        TriggerClientEvent("esx_admin:ownerMessage", source)
		print('testADMIN')
	end
    if IsPlayerAceAllowed(source, "moderator") then
		TriggerClientEvent("esx_admin:moderatorcheck", source)
		print('testMOD')
	end	
1 Like

Hi all, I’m curious if Aces can be used on clients.
I have a menu that can block access to the pause menu so, as a workaround for players wanting to leave while the menu is open, I want to add a disconnect button to my menu.
From what I can tell, Aces are for the server only. Is that correct?
I did notice that using list_aces in the client console will output a couple of it’s own Aces, is there a way to access these?

At the moment I’m just sending a request to the server to drop the player but, hopefully, there’s a way that’s a bit more elegant without requiring the extra code on the server.

RegisterCommand(“flash”, function(source, args, rawCommand)
if IsPlayerAceAllowed(source, “police.flash”) then
TriggerClientEvent(“Police:GiveFlash”, source)
end
end, false)

why do I find a FALSE in the last line?

With ace permissions is it possible to use a separate file and execute it from the server.cfg similar to how you have vMenu’s permissions.cfg and you use the exec command in the server.cfg to have it read the vMenu permissions.

add_ace identifier.steam:steamidhere “command.hypnonema” allow

I add this and i can use command

duplicate it with his steam id and my friend cant use the command hypnonema

Can i give 2 permissions to one player ?

e.g.

add_principal identifier.steam:samehex group.admin
add_principal identifier.steam:samehex group.vip

you can assign as many perms as you’d like to a particular ID.

Hey Guys,

I’m currently needing some help with adding permissions to a script. I installed the RPDeath script by TheStonedTurtle but I want to add permissioned to it so when someone uses /revive or /revive id they need the certain permission to use it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

good stuff bro!

how to make a new group like name lxadmin but it have all perms of buildin mod

I want to make a new group called owner and want to set some commands to owner only like giveitem and setaccountmoney ,

how would this go to work ?