Banned. What to do for 2 weeks?

I recently started modding FiveM, and was just getting into the flow of coding for it, when I got hit with a ban. (Presumably because I was installing Visual Studio while FiveM was running…)

Since I’m not getting my hopes up for getting the ban revoked, I’m wondering if there’s any kind of development work, or other ways of familiarizing myself with the engine, while waiting out the ban.
I can’t connect to my own server (even via localhost), but would I be able to write scripts for the SP version (e.g. dialogs or NPC stuff that doesn’t need MP)? Does SP use the same language & natives as MP?
Or, alternatively, what about GTA itself? I’ve never modded it either — would getting in that help me understand FiveM better, or is that a totally different environment?

Disable svadhesive on server components.json, set sv_lan 1, and disable adhesive on client components.json.

Your server won’t be able to be listed publicly anymore or use any policy features, but at least connecting will work. Also great for poking around with CE without triggering game anticheat.

The same natives apply for scripting in base GTA, yes.

THANK YOU!!!
Everything works fine now, and I’m back, coding again!
Really appreciate the fast and informative response.

I don’t mind being banned so much — as long as I can continue developing (& learning); and since my server was never listed anyway, having only a local server is all I really need.

You’ve also been unbanned, by the way - and for the time being, avoid playing on ‘scripthook enabled’ servers. We’re investigating a potential timing issue with regards to a check for so-called ‘scripthook bypasses’ incorrectly triggering with certain trainers.

Wow… That was a LOT more support than I expected (after the initial ban message)… :wink:

You got yourself another Patreon supporter!

1 Like