Average Speed Cameras - London Studios - Configurable - [MPH]/[KM/H] - Unlimited Cameras - Standalone [Paid Resource]

Average Speed Cameras - London Studios - (Paid)

This premium resource is a great addition to any roleplay server, providing a realistic average speed camera experience along with Discord logs and the ability to integrate into frameworks such as vRP and ESX. The highly configurable resource allows you to easily add more cameras. With a few edits, you can make this fine users on a public server or even link it in to your database.

Average speed cameras are unique in the sense that they use two cameras, measuring the time taken to travel between the first and second one. Using this time, the speed is calculated and if this exceeds the limit for that road, the driver is detected as speeding.

We’ve pre-installed over 40 sets of cameras (80 individual) in the configuration file, making this easy to install and use. This is increasingly used around the world, especially in the UK as a more effective way to prevent speeding. There is a custom model included, created by Adam Fenton. We’d like to thank him for working with us.

Paid Resource

This is a paid resource, we are conducting the sale of it through Tebex. This is approved by FiveM and we have been in contact with them to confirm this sale is approved.

Find out more and purchase it here.

Usage

The script works by detecting when you are near the first of a set of two cameras. The script will then begin timing you, the timer will stop when you reach the second camera. However, if you take too long to reach the second camera, the script will recognise that you’ve turned off that road and stop waiting.

Once you reach the second camera, calculations are made (Speed = Distance / Time), to calculate your average speed. In the config, you have the ability to allow a lee-way of a percentage + a number. In the UK, this is often 10% + 2 MPH. For example, you may only be fined if you are travelling 35MPH in a 30MPH zone. You are also able to easily switch to using KM/H in the configuration file.

After the new limit has been calculated with the lee-way, if the detected speed is over this amount, a webhook will be triggered to Discord. Frameworks such as ESX/vRP may even decide to integrate a fine system, charging players and notifying them that they were caught speeding.

Full Features

Discord Integration - You can setup an inflatable jack or use someone else’s after they have set it up
Detection Leeway - Easily allow a leeway for speeding, such as 10% + 2 MPH
Highly configurable - This is our most configurable resource yet, with full language support in our config and the ability to easily integrate it with vRP/ESX.
Add additional cameras - In the config file, you can easily add more average speed camera locations by defining the coordinates and the limit, when the script starts, they are all generated.

Framework Integration - vRP / ESX / Others

• Permission checks - You can easily add server-sided permission checks in sv_vehiclerescue.lua

Configuration

You can easily open the config_averagespeed.lua and configure the script to your liking.
The first section is called main, allowing you to set the Discord webhook, speeding leeway and other settings.
Secondly, the translations section allows you to configure this for another language, such as French.

Adding speed cameras:
In the config section of config_averagespeed.lua, you can add more cameras. We’ve already included 40 sets of cameras.

Simply add an entry to the table such as below:

{
    limit = 70.0,
    cameraOne = {
	    coords = vector3(-469.55352783203,-542.77563476562,25.32550239563),
	    heading = 269.24,
	},
    cameraTwo = {
	    coords = vector3(-119.56600189209,-540.83813476562,30.305284500122),
	    heading = 268.4,
    },
},

This requires you to set the coordinates and heading of both cameras and also the speed limit. You can create unlimited average speed cameras.

Installation

1. Purchase the resource through our Tebex store here.
  2. Create a new resource folder in your server directory.
  3. Check your email for the downloaded resource, please check your spam folder.
  4. Place the contents of the downloaded .zip inside the resource folder.
  5. Configure the resource to your liking

Support

London Studios are committed to ensuring high standard support is offered to all customers who have purchased this resource. Our support team will do our best to assist you, however in some circumstances we will be unable to assist, such as integrating it with a framework our support team may not be familiar.

Feedback

We appreciate feedback, bugs and suggestions related to Average Speed Camera and future plugins. We hope you enjoy using the resource and look forward to hearing from people and seeing videos/screenshots of the plugin in action!

Screenshots

Take a look at some screenshots of the plugin in action!

Average Speed

Average speed

Average speed

6 Likes

This is incredible. Will definitely be getting it.

Is this resource obfuscated? If so, consider adding that to the description to add more transparency.

Here’s a video of the cameras in action,

Maybe you could provide video of actual implementation i.e. driving car through them at high speed. Just looking at the in-game posts doesn’t show much.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, I will speak to our media team about creating a better video showing implementation.

Thanks,
London Studios

1 Like

Resource Usage:

We’ve had this resource measured to run at 0.01 on the resource monitor, seen by the screenshot below:

https://gyazo.com/42e4d77fc23e84cf58ed38c84fb5a8e4

Thanks,
London Studios

Nice release. Is there an option to change to KM/H?

Wow this looks great! Will consider for sure!

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the resource, we are glad you like the look of it.

Thanks,
London Studios

Hi,

We’ve now updated the resource and you can easily change to KM/H in the config. This is in the main section of the config and looks like this:

main = {
    addPercentage = 10.0, -- This allows a 10% lee-way before classing the driver as speeding, set to 0 to disable
    addLimit = 2.0, -- This allows an addition of 2MPH to the speed limit before classing the driver as speeding, set to 0 to disable
    webhook = "HERE",
    webhookImage = "https://i.imgur.com/soIsgMS.jpg",
    webhookName = "Average Speed Camera",
    detectionRadius = 13.0, -- The distance from a camera you must be to start the detection process
    enableDiscordLogs = true,
    useKmh = false,
}

You can see that it simply requires changing the “useKmh” to true. This will update on the Discord webhooks and also use the speed limits you set in the config as KM/H instead of MPH.

Thanks,
London Studios

It’s a shame I don’t put fines, otherwise it would be perfect

Hi,

This is something you can easily add to the resource - we can assist you with doing this.

Thanks,
London Studios

Hello. I bought this script from the website. Now i bought it for a old server of mine which i then left as a developer. Now i am looking gat taking this script and changing the whitelist ip of it how do i go about doing this i can access the discord it says i am banned for some reason.

Hey,

Contact us through direct message on the forum.

Thanks,
London Studios

Obfuscawhaaaaaaaaaat?

What forum this forum? or the website london studios?

1 Like

Hi,

You can click on our profile here on the FiveM forum and message us.

Thanks,
London Studios

What would the possibility be of add different colored cameras? Such as ones that blend into the landscape a bit better vs bright yellow. Maybe camera variation in the config file?

Probably still going to pick this up either way, but would be a nice addition.

We’ve now updated this resource with the following:

• Ability to restrict this to not activate on certain vehicle classes, such as police (class 18)
  • Ability to make the player’s screen flash in the config file
  • Ability to enable numberplates on the Discord logs
1 Like