Armor causes desync when attacked

Was there any request? This also happens to me with VRP

Have the same problem.

By any chance, are any of the people experiencing this issue using armor? One thing I noticed the other day is that when one player has armor, a similar issue occurs. I reported it here.

If you wait for a solution the solution is:
There is no solution.

@CoastCity
@Inmortalesrp
@Felipe_Gimenes

though @Mooshe did you managed to reproduce your issue outside of your server? I’ve players using amors and in 2-3 months nobody reported something like this :frowning:

For those of you wish issues, are saying about vRP or whatever.

Test the issue without any other resources loaded. If the problem isn’t there, it’s a matter with your client script and not OneSync.

The damage multiplier seems to be off…

Scenario:
With a pistol, I fire three shots into the chest of my buddy, he goes down on my screen. On his screen is is still alive and can run around.
He is not completely dead on my screen for some reason, if I aim at the ragdoll, the dot is still red, if I shoot the ragdoll, he dies in his client as well.

Shotguns to the chest almost always kills him in my client, but not his. This essentially turns him invisible to me.

We have of course tried disabling every single script that is not included in the cfx-server-data package. Issue only persists if onesync is enabled.

Is this a known issue, any ETA on when it will be fixed or any tips to how we can go around it and fix it by an additional script?

This won’t be “fixed” without a repro. Even the “armor” theory did not work for reproducing it - no matter the weapon used, players only died when they were actually dead.

I disabled armor today in our testing and it didn’t happen again afterwards (on custom framework) - will test some more tomorrow to reassure. My theory is when armor is reapplied, sometimes its not shared via the network. One client thinks the other is dead due to this, though, really I have no idea how it works but appears to be armor related.

Does this imply that the sequence is rather:

1. Player gets armor.
  2. Player gets slightly damaged, but not enough to die (or to entirely deplete armor?).
  3. Player resets armor.
  4. Player gets damaged again, but other clients have inconsistent health data, so armor isn’t re-added remotely?

not 100% on it to be honest as we do apply armor on players quite often, will try and replicate it next test session.

On our 100% clean server with only the cfx-server-data files running
This doesn’t seem to have anything to do with armor…

Here’s how to reproduce it without armor:

• Give yourself the normal pistol
  • Shoot someone in the chest 3 times
  • On your client, he will die everytime
  • On his client, he will not die, and will essentially run around invisible.
  • Even when he is dead on your screen, you get a red dot when aiming at his corpse, if you shoot it, he will die on his screen as well even if he have moved away from that place…

Current artifact build: 1347

This happens 100% of the times, ONLY with onesync enabled.

2 Likes

Nope, still can’t reproduce.

Only stock resources, following snippet put in runcode console running on two clients:

NetworkSetFriendlyFireOption(true)
GiveWeaponToPed(PlayerPedId(), 'WEAPON_PISTOL', 9999, false, true)

SetEntityCoords(PlayerPedId(), vec(2826.27, -656.489, 1.87841))

Running latest server on Windows, clean install of latest production client, shooting in chest (skull part of “Die!” marker on default a_m_y_skater ped) with pistol 3 times resulted in ped losing ~75% of health, both sides still in sync, neither having considered the ped dead, so working fine 100% of the time.

I could send your files to test here as we have the same problems. Since yours is working perfectly.

Happens 100% of the time on our linux server. artifact build 1347

Shotguns seem to be even worse.

I dont think its armor related anymore, did it today with no armor applied and still had it happening, though we do use SetEntityMaxHealth to 200, didnt test with out it to reproduce.

If onesync is enabled it happens what happened in the video below, if i disable the onesync everything is perfect

Artifacts 1349
64 slots - vrp 0.5
Server Windows Server Dedicated server
32G Ram, i7
OVH CANADA

I am with this same problem even without the armor sometimes happens this problem … when I disconnect onesync that normalizes but the problem and that gives in the list of servers and reduced to 32 slots … so if you want a server with 64 slots You’re bound to use onesync.