Anti-Cheat... What's everyone using?

So seeing as a number of anti-cheats have become EOL recently, some of which I use, I’m wondering where to turn to now for my anti-cheat needs. Looked around and seeing a bunch of EOL options out there so figured I’d drop a post as I run a cluster of servers that definitely needs anti-cheat capabilities.

Create your own. Every server is different. You have different needs, different gamemodes, different resources, different expectations, different everything.

Have a read through How To Create an Anti-Cheat - List of Vulnerable and Abused Events (Updated January 2020)

Also add the usual detections applicable to your server gamemode; invincibility, allowed weapons/vehicles, ped models, detect illegal commands and so on.

Reminder to also never ever buy an Anti-Cheat. Not only is it against the ToS, they are often extortion resources and are completely capable of making yourself.

The thought has been tempting, but I’m already significantly over extended between projects and real life work that I was hoping for a quick fix. Even with what we’ve put in vulnerability wise, we still have kids spawning things in-world (props) and can’t seem to find the right logging mechanism to see who it is quickly enough to address it.

If you’re running OneSync, have a look at entityCreating and entityCreated events

1 Like

Thank you for this!