After a time, I can no longer hear people and they cannot hear me

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Current version
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580, 16GB DDR4, MSI Mortar
What did you do to get this issue? It happens inconsistently, sometimes after a few minutes and other times after an hour.
What server did you get this issue on? State Of San Andreas
CitizenFX.log file CitizenFX_log_2020-01-28T131300.log (1.0 MB)
.dmp files/report IDs

Basically at times my voice connection to mumble seemingly disconnects and never attempts to reconnect. Could be 5 minutes into playing, other times up to an hour.

I hold down my PTT button and nobody can hear me. The proximity bar shows me continuously transmitting, even after I release the key but there’s nothing there. Nobody can hear me and I can’t hear them. I don’t even see their ‘talking’ text appear above their heads.

This has happened to a handful of other people and started around 2-3 days ago. Before this it was working just fine. I have made no changes to my GTA V or FiveM folder and my in-game settings remain the same.

Our server developer has no clue what the cause could be, or how to fix it. From his end he’s implemented no changes that could effect VOIP, though around the same time there was an update to the server and since then this issue has appeared.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I can provide more information and logs if needed.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.