Add addon cars to the FiveM server that are not made for FiveM

Hey guys, I want to make a FiveM server with a huge selection of real-life car brands, from German car brands like BMW and Mercedes to Tesla and Dodge. However, the selection of FiveM Ready vehicles that work Plug & Play is very limited, so I have dealt with replace vehicles that are not intended for FiveM but for the normal single player GTA V and informed me whether it is possible to get these vehicles to run on a FiveM server because there is a lot more choice there and nothing to be desired. The main problem with these vehicles was the size of the .ydt files they were often too big and therefore the textures could not be loaded or only completely bugged the solution was quite simple to export the textures of the .ydt and to split the textures into 3-4 files then converting it back into an .ydt and importing it again the problem I had with every vehicle so far was always an .ydt file although it was sometimes even smaller than the others and could not be loaded because the physical memory was mostly 36MB and the texture was faulty again, no matter how the textures were divided among each other, there was always an .ydt that had an error due to the physical memory and in more than a maximum of 4 files the. Do not split ydt because a maximum of four can be loaded. Does anyone have a solution to this problem and can the possibility to implement such vehicles be described more precisely and in detail because I am new to this area?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Firstly, 36 mb of physmem allocation is fine - as long as it’s not above 48, it wont cause issues.
NOTE: Physical Memory and on-disk size (the size of the .ytd in your File Explorer) is NOT the same thing at all!
Also, here’s a decent guide to read on how to downsize the vehicle texure dictionaries. Splitting is usually an inferior option (it causes some weird, say, license plate text issues on some vehicles), so try your best to downsize and cram it in a single YTD file first.
If you need to split files, though, read this guide - it’ll explain in details as to how to split files and make sure FiveM works with them correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.