[Action Required] Discord identifier token likely no longer available

manually add licenses in db in a whitelist table or in a json file

this is so stupid! I spent 3 days straight trying to do my discord perms

Welp Thats weird because D perms was working just fine on my server…

Honestly, Discord and many of it’s users should’ve sued you instead. You guys getting into everyone’s Discord without their permission isn’t something anyone would like(imo ofc). And you saying that you might continue doing this even after Discord dis-allowed you doing it just shows what kind of a “company” you are.

1 Like

Thing is this is exactly made so that it does not ‘get in everyone’s [account]’ just to get an unique identifier. They however blocked the super safe way of doing this out of completely no valid reason at all, without providing an official alternative to replace it - note the consent-based flow is only available for whitelisted partners to their RPC program which they have claimed is ‘private’ and ‘not accepting new applications’ for 3 years now.

a) we’re not a company
b) we actually care about our end users having some functionality they rely on, isn’t that a good thing?

8 Likes

You do realize they are not “getting into” anyone’s discord, right?. If you have no idea what you are talking about you better remain silent

3 Likes

It’s made for whitelisted partners as Discord said, you were never whitelisted were you? So why use it without letting them know and letting users know before getting into their authed apps? You were literally banning people off FiveM if they were part of a cheating discord or any discord that provided exploits in FiveM and still tried staying under radar. Now that everyone knows how to disable discord’s rpc and soon more methods will go public.
And no it’s not good. If you would’ve asked users before instantly authing them I don’t think discord would block that option for you. And by you doing that behind Discord’s back is what going to get you guys blacklisted off discord’s API.

honestly… wihtout discord to perform the checks… the identifiers we can use are

• Steam (who knows when that will fall too…)
  • R* (fixed and good to be used)
  • IP (most people with dynamic public ip change it everytime their router / modem reset)
  • xblive (is there people who still uses it??)
  • FiveM (90% of players don’t even have an account on the forum and don’t know they can actually link the account to the game)

so beside of the R* license… how can we make a double check for players that try to ban evade? :thinking:

Welcome to FiveM/CFX.REEE, nice first post. I think you’re the one who doesn’t know shit lmao.

they are not blacklisted… and… you’re playing on a non official modification of a game and blame them to do things like this? don’t use FiveM instead of being an as**ole when you’re the first who’s not playing on GTA:O and “scripting (esx mostly)” for FiveM

first post doesn’t mean “never read posts from people like you”

I don’t think you understood what I meant by saying “company”.
That “functionality” they rely on is something that you guys obtain illegally.
What you guys did was abusing Discord’s API to get users’ identifiers. Discord literally said that it’s for white-listed only partners and you were never part of them.
Maybe Microsoft will soon black-list you from obtaining user’s XBox Live IDs too? Or maybe liveid too?

Nothing about this is “illegal”. That a company says they don’t want it without specifying a valid reason does not make it “illegal”.

It might be violating some ToS, but who’s to say those ToS aren’t illegal themselves?

1 Like

This is a BIG rip. I have 1600+ in discord that are whitelisted. I wonder if there is another way to fix this, or have another whitelist option.

Agreed upon, once again i remind you all CFX’s discord went in to a lockdown not too long ago (no not the covid-19 stuff) but a lockdown cause discord was putting stuff on peoples computers and monitoring in a way it should not be done (if i remember the event correctly), then why are they now complaining about this…

Doesn’t make sense at all.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a good alternative for the time being setting up a physical button on the settings page just like with the fiveM account. This will make sure not everything breaks and server can direct players to this method if required.

As said many times in this topic, not going to happen. If an identifier can’t be made seamless, we simply will not provide said identifier.

Yeah same @Lorenc my discord has been very buggys and random shit keeps popping up

Am I missing something as to why the Rockstar identifier isn’t used the most by servers? Every user would have this right?
Has it been broken/unreliable in the past (i’ve been out of loop for a while now)?

Most Servers have a discord channel, where ppl get specified roles set. You will either want this roles on your server too, or at least say “whoever isn’t only @everyone”. This will nevertheless mean you have a discord script that saves ids (discord licensers) somewhere and a fiveM plugin which checks ingame against the identifiers and roles.
You can’t take the rockstar identifier out of discord and store them.